Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 CDI, Kawasaki Z750
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Im trying to fix the limp mode (wont rev past 3000rpm). I have found a couple of pipes in the engine bay that look like they should be connected to something, i just dont know where they should go.

The first picture is taken from under the car / drivers side, next to the poly belt. that pipe has thread on the inside of it, do you know what it should be connected to?

The second pic is taken from above the motor above the oil filter. Again I dont know if this pipe should be connected to anything.

By the way, the cabin fan/blower stopped working last weekend... do you think this could cause limp mode.

I'd really appreiate any info you can give me.

Thanks.
Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
Mercedes vito 108cdi ,2001
3 Posts
108cdi

hi i had the same problem but mine was a easy fix, mine was a vacuum pipe off the inlet manifold, if you lift your bonnet up look in the top left corner just by the rubber seal of the bonnet you will see a little black box with two wires coming off it and a vacuum pipe , my pipe had come off the back of the plastic inlet manifold, popped it back on and it revved up..hope this helps.

·
Registered
6 Posts
hi all .......i have the same prop ..........pipe hanging off inlet manifold ............only there no little black box with 2 wires comming off it and a vacuum pipe...........took the air box out, nothing there...only thing there is small box 3 wires red/white, green/white. brown/white no inlet 4 pipe numbers on it 2226 mb 16244349 can u help please

·
Registered
14 Posts
I looked up the part number of the little black box thingy and it is the boost pressure sensor. In my case it must be working because when I have boost I can see the value on my scantool.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I found a piece of hose looking identical to Harry's, but when I climbed under the van I found the other end and a guide - it wasn't connected to anything. I think the mechanic has replaced one of the vacuum lines and left the old one there...

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK, it seems that hose was supposed to go from the top of the boost control transducer from the air cleaner, so it is not sucking dirty air into the turbo actuator. It should work without it, but dirt might damage the transducer or possibly even turbo if it is left off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
my limp mode was 4 about a week...........yea it was the pipe coming from inlet man... all fixed now thanks all ...mick

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've been getting it constantly the last two days - usually brake sensor, but I think it is a poor electrical connection somewhere as when I first started testing with the ICarSoft I noticed whenever I get the problem I also observe unusual voltage readings. I will go through my wiring on the coming long weekend and post my results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts