Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 60 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
1984 380SL, 1973 450SLC
2,174 Posts
380 sl automatic climate control vacume diagrams

These are out of the CD, for the Automatic climate control. Hope they help someone. Without the recirculation switch.

Attachments

·
Outstanding Contributor , Bob's Your Uncle!
-----'83 280 SL----- 5 speed....The PIG
29,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I'm glad it has helped some members.

I'm also glad that people continue to contribute to it.

·
Registered
1986 300 SL Euro spec - Signal Red/Black Eng/Trans: Inline 6 (M103.982) / 722.322 Auto
1,976 Posts
Nobby, fantastic thread !!

Maybe someone has the diagrams for my ´86 300 SL (euro) or is the ´86 560 SL diagrams compatible? :confused:
Thing is that mine has an inline 6 cylinder motor - 103.982.

Cheers all.

·
29,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Nobby, fantastic thread !!

Maybe someone has the diagrams for my ´86 300 SL (euro) or is the ´86 560 SL diagrams compatible? :confused:
Thing is that mine has an inline 6 cylinder motor - 103.982.

Cheers all.
Sorry.......yours got missed................not so common.

Let me look around.

·
Premium Member
2010 Mercury Milan Hybrid, 1993 BMW 325i convertible
6,077 Posts
At last! After four years, I've finally found the authoritative WUR hookup for the 450SL engine. The engine manual shows a picture of the WUR in situ, with the vacuum connections clearly shown. There are two methods for the connection, depending on the idle air hose you have installed. The idle air hose is the long black hose, about two thumbs around, that runs from the idle control valve back to feed into the intake.

New versions of the idle air hose have a vacuum port on them. Early versions didn't.

WUR-Vacuum.jpg
This picture is from my engine (yeah, it's dirty, get over it) after I reconnected things the way the manual shows. The blue vacuum line connects to the side vacuum port on the WUR. I've replaced my idle air hose, so it has the port, but I didn't need it, so I plugged it. The top port, as you can see, connects to the hose before the idle control valve.

In a few minutes I'm going to go out and button up the car and take it for a drive, to see how it runs. I had the hoses reversed before today - the top connecting to the intake vacuum port, and the side connecting to the ribbed hose. Instead of extra fuel at full throttle, I had it connected to lean out the mixture at full throttle. I expect to notice a little difference, but I don't know how much.

·
29,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
There is a new member "briarpatch" that needs a nice clean image of the 81 380SL vacuum diagram.

Can somebody help the fella out, please?

·
Premium Member
1984 380SL, 1973 450SLC
2,174 Posts
380 CIS system 07.3-001

Sorry about the clearity of the third diagram, best I can do without tracing the lines by hand, if I get board later I might do it...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1984 380SL, 1973 450SLC
2,174 Posts
380 Air Injection system 14-050

Air injection system out of the 14-050 section of the manual. That's all for today, time for pool and football. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
So Scott...

Howz she runnin'?
It seems a little more responsive on the freeway, but it's such a small change, I could be imagining it. I'll take whatever I can get, though....

·
Registered
1981 380 SL
40 Posts
What can I say?

I pm'd Nobby about needing a clear vac diagram for my 81 380sl cause I didn't want to clutter up this thread. He goes public, Rockcrusher responds, BAM! - I'm good to go!!!!!!! You guys are AWESOME. I can't believe how butchered the underhood got on my sl in only 40,000 mi. With your help I'm confident my wife and I will be cruising the Blue Ridge Parkway in no time. Besides the vacuum stuff you guys have inspired me and informed me enough to r&r fuel pump and filter with hoses, repair rust from drain stoppage, re-dye interior, repair idle speed module (resolder) and several other small things. I don't feel knowledgeable enough yet to post answers to tech questions, but there's no telling how many lurkers have been helped by the core group here. THANKS!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
I don't feel knowledgeable enough yet to post answers to tech questions, but there's no telling how many lurkers have been helped by the core group here. THANKS!!!!!
There will be something come up with your car - something weird and quirky - and you'll have to research it, and suddenly you'll be the subject matter expert on it. Promise.

41 - 60 of 132 Posts