Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any experience with "Genuine Mercedes" replacement parts offered by eEuroparts.com of Windsor, Connecticut? They used the phrase "Genuine Mercedes" in their ad to describe their allegedly original parts but conspicuous by their absences are any references to OEM and/or the manufacturer. Would much appreciate any input. Would like to be more comfortable with the quality of their replacement parts before submitting an order.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Genuine Mercedes would not normally mention who manufactures the part for them, although it often is visible when you examine the part closely. An example; heater parts are likely Bosch or Valeo, suspension parts are typically Lemförder but you will only see their symbol stamped on it in addition to the MB Star logo. A Genuine part will always have a Mercedes marking on it somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,689 Posts
Any experience with "Genuine Mercedes" replacement parts offered by eEuroparts.com of Windsor, Connecticut? They used the phrase "Genuine Mercedes" in their ad to describe their allegedly original parts but conspicuous by their absences are any references to OEM and/or the manufacturer. Would much appreciate any input. Would like to be more comfortable with the quality of their replacement parts before submitting an order.
The ones they call Genuine Mercedes are probably Genuine Mercedes. A lot of the retailers are selling Genuine Mercedes these days at a good price. But the best deals are from the online MB dealers like MBoemparts.com.

·
Registered
912 Posts
As a side note I've recently came across two parts from MB, coolant tank and lower control arm for a R107, that didn't have the MB star on them, and only the coolant tank had the actual part number. I queried both but apparently that's the way it is now - some parts carry logo, some don't.

·
Premium Member
9,689 Posts
As a side note I've recently came across two parts from MB, coolant tank and lower control arm for a R107, that didn't have the MB star on them, and only the coolant tank had the actual part number. I queried both but apparently that's the way it is now - some parts carry logo, some don't.
Yes I have seen others complain about new control arms. MB is probably selling URO parts now.

·
Registered
912 Posts
MB is probably selling URO parts now.
You could be on the money as that control arm looked dodgy, no markings, and it was painted gloss black rather than satin. MB selling URO parts is not an issue as long as they apply URO prices, however in this case the part was 1k GBP!

·
Registered
168 Posts
As a Supporting Vendor we offer special pricing for forum members, and sell Genuine Mercedes parts. Ken Childers, which parts are you looking for?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wouldn't get too much into the "Genuine Mercedes" tag. Mercedes doesn't make the stuff themselves but use third party suppliers. Although, I wouldn't just get the cheapest thing out there. Its like gun manufactures where your paying for the name mostly b/c when you look into it there's only a few forges. So far I've only bought from Pelican Parts and AutohausAZ (actually just yesterday) b/c they seem to have the best prices and looking at a couple things around the same as eEuroparts. They also have free shipping for only $48 and have a discount code for forum members going on this May. As for quality and service I cant say yet as its my first time ordering but its a normal business so I don't expect any problems.

Here's a supporting vendor list just in case.
https://www.benzworld.org/forums/vendors/

·
Registered
912 Posts
+1 for Autohaus and Rmeuropean.com who often carry rare parts. Otherwise its just like Andrew explained, there's a list of approved vendors somewhere on the forum.

Sent from mobile - please excuse brevity and typos.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts