Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FOR SALE - 1 complete set of factory "Tri-Y" exhaust manifolds for R107/C107 cars. These are exceptionally rare and difficult to find now, and no longer available from Mercedes Benz as far I am aware. This set is free from cracks and in very good used condition. I painted them with high-temp paint for surface protection, but these would be good to blast and ceramic-coat prior to installation. I am in the USA but will ship anywhere at buyer's cost. $1,400 USD or best reasonable offer.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I had a very good experience from the seller :thumbsup:, actually bought a similar set of tri-y's from him, a few years ago.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Mate. Are these the little beauties that would fit on 560SLs if I were willing to forego the stock "catalytic converter" built into my manifold and I didn't have to worry about DEQ? Or are these specific to the 450SL's V-8?

Best,

E

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
These will fit on the alloy block 500/560 engines. I don't believe that the Tri-Ys were ever equipped to the cast iron block 4.5 cars, though I believe that they would fit, but can't assure that.

It would likely be possible to have an exhaust system made by Timevalve to incorporate the special downpipes along with a Cat in place of the resonator. This is what Timevalve will be doing for me on my car, which is a 450 SLC 5.0.

I was tempted to try to fit these to my other 107 car, a 560SL, but I figure that one hot-rod 107 is sufficient (for now) and my wife is the primary driver of the 560. I am in California, so I would definitely need to find a way for the car to pass emissions, no way around that for me

·
Registered
2 Posts
FOR SALE - 1 complete set of factory "Tri-Y" exhaust manifolds for R107/C107 cars. These are exceptionally rare and difficult to find now, and no longer available from Mercedes Benz as far I am aware. This set is free from cracks and in very good used condition. I painted them with high-temp paint for surface protection, but these would be good to blast and ceramic-coat prior to installation. I am in the USA but will ship anywhere at buyer's cost. $1,400 USD or best reasonable offer.
Hello,

Are these Tri-Y headers still available?
I have a 1973 450SL I would like to put these on.

Thanks,

Dennis

1 - 7 of 7 Posts