Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
04 odyssey (265k) 1995 E320 wagon (295k)
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Car was running hot (100-to near 120 with a/c on)
-Replaced cheapest easiest first, expansion tank cap- temps dropped a few dgrees
-My vicous fan sometimes passed the "newspaper test", sometimes didnt.
Figured it was marginal- replaced- temps held steadyat 110-115 ish

Lastly replaced themostat, and did one other thing......temps hold steady @90, 95-98 with A/C on (pretty sure this was the culprit, but extra cleaning never hurt.)

What else did I do? Pulled the bottom of the plastic shroud away from the condenser, and poked around with some corrugated cardboard (screwdriver, bad..might poke hole in condenser)

This is what I found...probably three good handfulls of leaves, pebbles and cigarette butts.

So If you are running hot -dont forget to check for flotsam at the bottom of the condenser- where you cant see it.

* Moral is, if you are replacing parts because of high temps, check radiator and condenser for junk.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 E320
2,547 Posts
While I like to think of myself as a reasonably intelligent chap, I find I often fail at translating peoples words into something I understand. Oddly enough I "get" written word problems right away.

Pictures speak a million words, and speak them very plainly. Thank you, and well done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts