Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'96 G 320
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 96 G 320 104 Engine is beginning to exhibit a hesitation when "floored" ........especially if cold...not so much at tempreture... previously discussed in thread (mid Feb).

Brent? What's the part number for the Harness? It's unclear to me on EPC.

Valve and Butterfly was part of the discussion for the fix.....is this the aka "throttle body" that other 104 owners clean, calibrate and more. What is it's part number?

Braingears.........was a fix found for yours? V&B or Harness?

Also plagued by valve lifter noise..tick tick tick...I've done the syntetics.....It seems likes it's time to replace. I'd like to do it myself.....any guidance would be appreciated?

Regards, Bill in Boston

·
Registered
G320 & E500
1,193 Posts
gwgng2 - 4/11/2005 9:40 AM

My 96 G 320 104 Engine is beginning to exhibit a hesitation when "floored" ........especially if cold...not so much at tempreture... previously discussed in thread (mid Feb).

Brent? What's the part number for the Harness? It's unclear to me on EPC.

Valve and Butterfly was part of the discussion for the fix.....is this the aka "throttle body" that other 104 owners clean, calibrate and more. What is it's part number?

Braingears.........was a fix found for yours? V&B or Harness?

Also plagued by valve lifter noise..tick tick tick...I've done the syntetics.....It seems likes it's time to replace. I'd like to do it myself.....any guidance would be appreciated?

Regards, Bill in Boston
I know exactly what you are talking about.
When I first purchased the truck, mine was really bad. Once I changed one of the three coils (and the wires while I was at it), it resolved 99% of the problem.

Once in a blue moon, when I put the pedal to the metal, it hesitates a little. If I let my foot off the petal just a little, I get full power again. It feels like the engine is starving for air (not fuel). That is why I suspected the "butterfly". Since it happens so rarely and I know how to control it, I haven't worried about it.
For all I know, one of the other two coils could be shorting out when I floor it.

Chuck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts