Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 GLK350W4, 2006 E350, 1968 250SL
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you're in the Mercedes-Benz Club you probably already know this, but part of the discount / benefit perk of being a member of the Mercedes-Benz Club has changed for 2011.

I wrote a blog article explaining the whole thing in detail, which you can read by clicking here, but in a nutshell....

If you are an MBCA member in good standing, and have been for 12 months, and you buy a NEW Mercedes-Benz you are eligible for an extra $1,000 discount off the deal you negotiate with the dealer.

No hassles, no questions... it's free money from MBUSA... technically you don't even need to tell the dealer about your club membership if you're worried about them 'holding on to' the discount in the deal somehow.

Do the deal, then whip out your membershiip card and say... "Oh yeah, I'm an MBCA member". It doesn't come out of their pocket... it's free money from MBUSA.

BUT REMEMBER... you must be an MBCA member for at least one year BEFORE you buy the new car in order to get the discount. So.. join today and buy your new car in February of next year... but be sure to sign up for a couple of years initially becuase your '1 year before buying' will start over if your membership lapses.

If you lease or buy a new Benz every couple of years or even think there is a remote chance you will buy a new Mercedes in the next ten years you should join.

You used to get a gift card from MBUSA, up to $1,500 good for parts or service or anything in the "Mercedes-Benz Collection" gift catalog or a lesser amount if you bought a used Mercedes from various sources... $750 if it was used, etc. But this year.. it's $1000 off of a new car purchase only.

HAve a look at the national club website Mercedes-Benz Club of America

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
In normal condition, when the dealer hears that you get a $1000 discount or bonus or rebate, he'll raise the asking price by $750.

·
Registered
90 300 SE ,85 300 GD
1,574 Posts
MBUSA Customer Loyalty Rebate 2011

I was lucky and got the 2010 American Express gift card in 2010. I put new tires on my G 500. This is a great program and the money does not come from the dealers. Over 650 members took advantage of the program in 2010. The MBCA also has 3 car raffles per year at $50 per ticket. Your chance there are better than the state lotteries. Dealers give discounts in many areas to members as well. This is my 33rd year as a member. Call 800-637-2360 for information on benefits or to join.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,031 Posts
In the market starving for customers -the sellers will go long way to get a deal. When I go to hotel, I don't hesitate to ask for the best price. The common question is do I have AAA membership. I don't. They give me AAA discount anyway. With 80-90% of rooms vacant, I can find hotel room for $18.
So wouldn't be surprised if I would get the same kind of deal buying new Benz.

·
Registered
'85 2.3-16 '99 C280 '11 GLK350
4,805 Posts
In normal condition, when the dealer hears that you get a $1000 discount or bonus or rebate, he'll raise the asking price by $750.

Since the rebate isn't from the dealership, you don't even have to inform them of the MBCA benefit while negotiating your purchase/lease terms.

I'm waiting for my $1500 card from MBCA for the 2011 GLK purchased last month.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I received the $1,500 card from AmEx for our 2008 - came in very handy. So would the $1,000. The dealer has nothing to do with it and through my experience with most M-B sales personnel, they aren't even aware of the MBCA. But when I go for service at the dealer I get 15% off for being a member, and this has been the policy for many years, good economy and bad. Next week my appt. will cost about $250 less 15%, a savings of $37.50. The MBCA membership is $45/yr. When I buy any supplies, parts or accessories it is a 15% discount there also, and other places, like the Classic Center, offer the discount to members. For $1,000 I can buy 21 years of membership and get 15% discounts all the while. It has been a no-brianer to belong to the club.
Along with the membership we have attended many club functions, although this was not the reason for joining, and have had some really good relationships and times.

Jim W.

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,031 Posts
15% discount on 400% markup is still making the parts triple overpaid. ;)
Lot of members going to dealership get 20% off just by asking. I go to local indy warehouse, or shop autohoseaz and pay 1/3 what dealers are asking.
Now Dodge truck offer $6,000 discounts. How that compare to MB?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts