Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bought e450 2018 sedan 3 weeks ago. regret not linking mercedes me app to pair car for all the features . my car was stolen 4 days ago, and i am at a dead end. i dont want to gert cops involved. called mercedes me folks and they told me that since i was not with the vehicle I would not be able to finish the registration process for subscription since i wouldnt be able to push the "I" button inside. they told me one thing then another. first it was yes they can track my car, all i had to do was pay for subscription and call back with police report, and then when i called back to buy the thing they told me since i wasnt able to push the i button i couldnt finish the registration [process and in the event they were not able to assist me any further, and that my only option was to contact the local police in which i didnt want to do. i need some advice. does anyone know if there is any way i cn locate my car or track my car even though i cant push thr i button inside ?

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
5,718 Posts
Yeeeeah you'll need to get the cops involved if the car was stolen. If you don't want to involve them, then was the car really stolen?

Anyway, their instruction is accurate. You do need to press the button inside the car to finish the registration. No button, they aren't legally obligated to tell you where the car is located.

I have a feeling someone close to you was the person who stole the car, hence your unwillingness to involve the cops.

Your best bet is to talk to friends or family, people who are familiar with the thief.

·
Registered
835 Posts
bought e450 2018 sedan 3 weeks ago. regret not linking mercedes me app to pair car for all the features . my car was stolen 4 days ago, and i am at a dead end. i dont want to gert cops involved. called mercedes me folks and they told me that since i was not with the vehicle I would not be able to finish the registration process for subscription since i wouldnt be able to push the "I" button inside. they told me one thing then another. first it was yes they can track my car, all i had to do was pay for subscription and call back with police report, and then when i called back to buy the thing they told me since i wasnt able to push the i button i couldnt finish the registration [process and in the event they were not able to assist me any further, and that my only option was to contact the local police in which i didnt want to do. i need some advice. does anyone know if there is any way i cn locate my car or track my car even though i cant push thr i button inside ?
report the car stolen , because if the thief get involve in a wreck and take off , you may find yourself liable .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts