Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 ML320 & 2003 SL500
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Never thought I would hit a 100K, but I did. So, decided to give my ML a little love and changed, flushed and repaired a few things.
Asking for any recommendations on what else should be done after a 100K as preventive Maintenance?

MY LIST OF WHAT I DID THIS PAST MONTH AFTER HITTING A 100K

1 -Changed Plugs & Wires
2- Mini Transmission Flush - Dropped the Trans Pan, changed the filter, gasket & refilled with aprox 4 qt's transmission fluid
3 - changed front & rear Gear fluid
4- replace fuel Filter
5- replaced Fuel Pump because gauge stop working..Just couldn't stand guessing at how much fuel I had left.
6- Changed oil & filter

FEEL FREE TO POST AND ADD TO THE LIST

·
Outstanding Contributor - Always Remembered, RIP
Zotye Auto 1.5T T600 2016
52,804 Posts
Change brake fluid and coolant.

·
Registered
05 ML500 SE
1,482 Posts
Well you don't have to do it yet but there are some sensors that may go at some point. Like crank position sensor, maf, oxygen sensors.

·
Registered
2001 ML430 Sport bought in very nice shape despite 156K miles in August 2010
540 Posts
^ + 1 on flush brake fluid. If you don't have one, get a Motive Power Bleeder for $45 or so to make it an easy one-man job. You'll be horrified at the state of the old fluid.

Motive webstore

I'd also buy a couple of coil packs to keep on hand. Its likely that one or more will fail somtime soon, and having a replacement on hand is gold. The dealer will want to change all of them of course, but there is nothing gained. Change them as they fail.

·
Registered
2001 ML320 & 2003 SL500
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgot to Add that I also changed the power steering pump & Res.
Coolant and Brake fluid will be added to the list.
Also new shocks are going to be replaced, but need to do a little research as to which ones?

Are there any suspension bushing that I should change????????????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts