Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,<br><br>
<br><br>
I'm thinking of buying a set of Carlsson 2/5 rims for my C43AMG, staggered in size the way the stock AMG rims are. Two things:<br><br>
<br><br>
1) The 'wheel finder' on Tire Rack's site states the wheels come in 18X8 and 18X9 (rear). However Carlsson's own web site in Germany ( http://www.carlsson.de ) states the sizes are 18X8.5 and 18X10 ... so who's 'right'?<br><br>
<br><br>
2) If the rims are infact 8.5' and 10' wide<br><br>
a) are they too wide for the front and rears of a '98 C43AMG ... I'm sure hoping not.<br><br>
b) Is the rear 10' rim just a little too wide for a Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position 255/35/18 tire, which has an overall dimension of 10.3'? This is just .3' over the rim width; with tread width about .5' less than the rim width.<br><br>
<br><br>
Are those rims too wide? <br><br>
<br><br>
Any help would be appreciated. Thanx all, for your time.<br><br>
<br><br>
Steve Mato<br><br>
<p>dhcp-221.li.icc.net

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: 10in width in the rear fenders

<br> You can put 10in wide rims in the rear. It's all about offset. 255/35/18 would be perfect and I would recommend the Pirelli P-7000s since they also have a rounded shoulder which is perfect for stretching the tires to accomodate wide rims. I say you can do 10in widths in the rear. Go for it! <br> <br> Danny<br> <br> *Another factor is how much you plan to lower your car.*<p>167.ojus-23-24rs.fl.dial-access.att.net

1 - 2 of 2 Posts