speaker in front doors = 4
bass subwoofer on backdash= 1
where is the rest?

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Clearly there is no other speaker .....

However in the original design the rear door speaker cone was meant to have a centre mounted tweeter which is not there unfortunately. With a small amount of creative development I am sure it could be.

Rear doors = 2 should have been 4 but isnt.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
The speakers in the bottom of the front doors are dual range speakers and are counted twice.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had the same question when I got my 230 sedan back in 03 from the dealer. They were just as confused as I was and it took them a while to find it via a diagram, but they did.

·
Registered
'05 C230 SS
21 Posts
Today, I took in mine for the 1000 miles checkup and asked the service person to tell me where is the 9th and 10th speaker located at. He didn't have a single clue.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
Lynn - 2/28/2005 7:55 PM

The speakers in the bottom of the front doors are dual range speakers and are counted twice.
Seems like a nonsense to me ..... how would a speaker have a range that was twice its range.

In any event the plastic shell of some of the speakers were made to hold a speaker that isnt there.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
I have been told they are bass and mid-range speakers co-located in the same housing. They are dual cone speakers sometimes called full range speakers.

·
Registered
'05 C230 SS
21 Posts
If a co-axial speaker is counted as 2 speakers, that is truly ridiculous on MB's part. If I buy a speaker that is 4-way, then a pair would make it a 8-speaker system?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts