Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,335 Posts
OP moved cross country and ended up living mid point between ohlord and me.
tried to hook up with him for dinner but we never connected when the other
was available. last i knew, he upgraded to a 211 and having fun modding that.

·
Registered
C126 SEC500 - Ford LTD Stretch Limo - 1964 Cadillac DeVille Convertible - 2011 Holden Caprice
180 Posts
thing is, now you can just buy CANBUS ready leds which renders this thread obsolete really..

·
Registered
2000 ML320, 2008 ML63
54 Posts
thing is, now you can just buy CANBUS ready leds which renders this thread obsolete really..
A lot of companies "CLAIM" that and then you hear from "Users" claiming how they work perfectly. When you get them Its either it doesn't prevent the error code or in a month one out of the 6-8 LED's start to flicker and drives you crazy. Its very hard to find a reliable LED source that last. I just finished installing Sylvania LED bulbs which claimed it prevented the error code but lied. I bought 4, 2 for the front parking lights which didn't turn on at all cause of the error code and 2 license plate which did turn on but gave the bulb error code anyways. After seeing this thread i went to radioshack bought 4 100 ohm 10W resistors for 5 bucks total. For the front parking bulbs which didn't turn on at all actually turned on with the resistor and the error light disappeared. As for the license plate bulbs, they always turned on without the resistor it was just the error, the error code is still there. I thick i may need a different resistor. I bought Sylvania cause they are a very known bulb company that is also a OEM supplier so the quality was way superior to other products out there and at 12 bucks a pop it wasn't outrageous in price. To sum it all up, it isn't obsolete at all especially if you can save a lot of money while not sacrificing quality. Seen bulbs as high as 80 bucks cause they "have" resistors.

·
W210 Moderator
99 E320
5,335 Posts
thing is, now you can just buy CANBUS ready leds which renders this thread obsolete really.. thing is, now you can just buy CANBUS ready leds which renders this thread obsolete really..
so true - still a little trial an error as quality may vary between manufacturers

i picked up 35mm festoon LEDs from AZNOPTICS and have been running them
for about 15 mos now with no canbus alerts.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts