Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
---
422 Posts
Though a bit large, wheel bolt pattern adapters are pretty common in the offroad and custom street car scenes. They appear to be pretty stout construction, though I would personally want another pass and better fillet on the outer weld. I have considered making something similar for my 404.

For $2500 per set, I would expect a LOT better finishing (not leaving the plasma cut edge, overweld and turned to size, faced) and powder coatings included... and it would still be very expensive. Geez... at $600+ each, I'll turn them out of a single solid piece of steel and include powder coating.

·
Registered
U1300L
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. The alternatives that are out on the market or not much more per corner. The 395/85R20 is also of concern. I know that the amount of strength per inch of that welders probably substantial but $#!+ happens when you’re cruising at 70 miles an hour in the truck that wasn’t designed to go 70 miles an hour.

Is there any reason that this person made these for the 416? My question is wouldn’t the wheel adapters that are being fitted to U1300s also work for the 416? Or is there some sort of offset difference I’m on aware of. I figured all the 6 bolt disc brake axle set up’s would be pretty similar?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts