Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
mercedes benz W210 e240
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys, as you may or may not remember, i have posted a thread about my oil leak. I changed the oil pressure port, and i have checked the oil level regularly. It has been one month already. I have seen no oil level malfunction warning. I am planning to take a trip around europe. But i noticed after sitting in traffic i get home i smell oil. My guess would be the oil sitting in the belly pan. Could it be residual oil sitting in my belly pan or is my car still leaking. Any ideas. Most importantly is my car fit to do this cross country journey. Thanx in advance.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Hey, MB, have you checked the breathers atop the valve covers? As mileage creeps up to and over 100K they start seeping oil, and you'd certainly be able to smell it, but usually it's not so bad that you notice a loss of oil (level). There are a couple of recent posts on that. Read them then Pop the engine cover and take a look. I think Kobus just posted on it again, he did his SLK a while back and recently did his 210.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
mercedes benz W210 e240
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i checked the sides of the valve covers and all. There is no leak what so ever.

·
Registered
1994 E320 Wagon,1999 E320 Wagon,2000 E 320 Wagon, MGB Track/Rally, ,1988 300E ,more....
6,019 Posts
Just monitor

your oil level on the trip.Take a few liters along to top off if needed.Set your tire pressure 4lbs hiher front and rear.Take along a can of inflate aseal tire in case of a flat.
Have a nice trip.
:bowdown:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts