Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
02 CLK55 AMG
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm still poking around my new to me car and I've a couple of questions I'd appreciate some help with.

First is radio related; I've got a hand written code for the radio, is there a way to check it's correct without removing power from the radio and hoping ?

Second, is there a way to confirm that an AMG engine is in the car, (it has AMG badging on the trunk lid), from an external examination ? I read that someone thought the only the AMG had a small cooler on the side of the oil filter housing. Is that correct and should there be any other tell tale signs ?

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
The easiest thing to do for the engine is to sign up for the EPC; since you're in the US that is free, though MB requires a credit card as they use that to verify your address. EPC-net Online Once you are in, then just enter your VIN at the top and it will show you the parts for your car (and ID it properly as well). If it tells you you have a 208.374, then you're golden, that's the chassis code for the AMG CLK55. The real benefit of the EPC, though, is that you can then look up all of the parts for your car, whenever you like. No need to be at the mercy of the parts counter or parts site. ;)

For your radio code, the only way to be sure would be to pull the radio and get the serial number off of it, then take it to the dealer. If the radio is still the original one that came from the factory (meaning it is exactly the same one, it hasn't been replaced even by the same unit from a different car) then they could also verify the radio code by the VIN.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts