Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My E Class parking sensors are faulty but cant work out which is sensor number 4. The sensors only engage when moving and so I cant do the usual listen for a lack of crackling. I know its sensor number from the error code any help would be great!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think sensors will
My E Class parking sensors are faulty but cant work out which is sensor number 4. The sensors only engage when moving and so I cant do the usual listen for a lack of crackling. I know its sensor number from the error code any help would be great!
I think sensors will work at a standstill providing parking brake is released and gear is engaged

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you! I repaired my E class coupe (W207) and I'm getting 3 codes saying 'sensor has malfunction - wrong component installed' and I hadn't realised that there were two types. I'll get the bumper off and switch them round.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You can find part numbers on mbepc.net.
I cured mine after realising from above replies that the two front outer sensors are different part numbers to the other four...put them back in where they should be and now it's perfect. Thanks for replying.

·
Registered
2012 E220
15 Posts
You can find part numbers on mbepc.net.
I cured mine after realising from above replies that the two front outer sensors are different part numbers to the other four...put them back in where they should be and now it's perfect. Thanks for replying.
Thanks but got MB EPC already and can see that back and front has same part-nr only front right/left has different part-nr. But not sure which sensor on the back that are nr 7 that's the sensor my fault code reader says its bad. Going to buy aftermarket one only 17$ each.

·
Registered
5 Posts
On the front bumper, when sat in the car, number one is on the left and number 6 is on the right. I would try the rear left first as I reckon that will be number 7.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts