Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of ordering an '09 model but have yet to figure out if it will be a better deal to order it straight from MB through its Military Sales Program or just wait until I get back to the States and buy it there. If I order it through MB in Germany, I still have to pay for shipping back to the East coast and from there to TX. Add shipping insurance to that and it adds up pretty quickly and gobbles up any savings I might have gotten. My dealer in Germany just sent me an email offering me the '09 model at the '08 price. I'm not sure if there will be any difference or if this is just a gimmick trying to get me to order it already since she claims the offer is only valid through this week. For those of you who have already ordered '09s, how much was your base price and final price (not including sales taxes and Gas Guzzler Tax) with the options you ordered. The best offer my dealer has given me is $58,540 with the following options: metallic paint, Premium Package, and Leather Package. She previously offered a 2% overall discount to help offset shipping but not sure if that still stands or not. I wish MB had a Military Sales Program as good as BMW's. Friends of mine are getting fully optioned M3s for around $60k. Also having trouble deciding between Palladium and Iridium Silver for the color. Anyone have pics of an Iridium Silver C63?

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi, do u get the 7% discount from the MSRP? Since u choose the european delivery program. That's what MBusa offers. check www.mbusa.com

I think u dont have to pay the shipping cost and the shipping insurance(although its refundable). Because it's just like u buy the car here in America. Your "new car" price already includes the Freight/PDI which is the shipping cost from Germany to ur local dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
When I was at the MB dealer a couple weeks ago I inquired about Euro Delivery on a C63. Apparently the 7% discount doesn't apply to AMG models (or at least not on the C63, or so the dealer was telling me), and if I wanted European delivery I could do it, but pay full MSRP on the car.

In any case, I don't think that the European Delivery program actually applies to US Citizens actually *living* in Europe..

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I was at the MB dealer a couple weeks ago I inquired about Euro Delivery on a C63. Apparently the 7% discount doesn't apply to AMG models (or at least not on the C63, or so the dealer was telling me), and if I wanted European delivery I could do it, but pay full MSRP on the car.

In any case, I don't think that the European Delivery program actually applies to US Citizens actually *living* in Europe..
Well, im not sure about USA. I'm in Canada.
Although the 09 C63 is not out yet. But i got an EDP discount list from my local MB dealer, it's 8% for Canada and applies to all classes eligible for EDP INCLUDING all AMGs.

u r living in europe? well, if u gona ship it back within a year. I think EDP should work for u.

·
Registered
E320 2000, E550 2009
69 Posts
2009 PRICING

I'm in the process of ordering an '09 model but have yet to figure out if it will be a better deal to order it straight from MB through its Military Sales Program or just wait until I get back to the States and buy it there. If I order it through MB in Germany, I still have to pay for shipping back to the East coast and from there to TX. Add shipping insurance to that and it adds up pretty quickly and gobbles up any savings I might have gotten. My dealer in Germany just sent me an email offering me the '09 model at the '08 price. I'm not sure if there will be any difference or if this is just a gimmick trying to get me to order it already since she claims the offer is only valid through this week. For those of you who have already ordered '09s, how much was your base price and final price (not including sales taxes and Gas Guzzler Tax) with the options you ordered. The best offer my dealer has given me is $58,540 with the following options: metallic paint, Premium Package, and Leather Package. She previously offered a 2% overall discount to help offset shipping but not sure if that still stands or not. I wish MB had a Military Sales Program as good as BMW's. Friends of mine are getting fully optioned M3s for around $60k. Also having trouble deciding between Palladium and Iridium Silver for the color. Anyone have pics of an Iridium Silver C63?
The 2009 Model Year Prices have not been release. They prices are expected to be released between July 1, 2008 and July 15, 2008. The scheduled delivery date for the 2009 Model Year is the last week of July 2008 and August 1, 2008.
If you are returning to the United States MB will ship the vehicle back to the US for free and there is no destination charge on European Delivery. MB gives about 15 days of 100% coverage with the European Delivery. It takes about four months from the date the order is place to pick the vehicle up at the factory. I am sure you can extend the time you want to keep the vehicle in Europe for an additional fee for insurance from MB or buy your own insurance if it is going to be an extended period of time. Go to mbusa.com to see the information on the European Delivery. You might have to call or E-mail them if you have specific questions about how long you can keep the vehicle in Europe before losing the benefits of the European Delivery.

The MB Web site has a list of all the dealers in the US. You can bill your vehicle on any dealer’s site and request a quote by E-mail. The request online requires that you list a telephone number. You can give them your US phone number and advise them you are out of the Country. They will call anyway. I do not think they read all the information on the quote form. Most dealers reply in a couple of days. Some are very straight forward on pricing. Some may not understand the EDP or may not be interested in selling to someone from another state. Most dealers have an Internet Department that may be familiar with the European Delivery questions. There is usually one of two representatives at each dealer that handles the European Delivery.
You can request a quote from any dealer in any state. The European Delivery Forms are standard forms prepare by MB USA. You can select the drop off point in Europe and the dealer in the USA where you want the vehicle delivered to for pick up.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congrats!! Excellent coloration arrangement and also I think you will have fun here. There's also numerous tuners that will reflash your own ECU in addition include headers that will thrust hp . p . to at the very least 530bhp to as much as 550. Brabus, Kleemann, Carlsson & Renntech are 5 extremely reputable tuners you might take a look at. 63 has already been any animal using 457, imagine over 500+!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts