Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everybody im new to this site and mercedes, im a mechanic here in newmarket i recently have taken the intake out of this car to replace an oil cooler ontop of the engine block, i replaced it put everything back together with new seals and now i have oil just pissing out of the tranny bellhousing there is one metal seal on the turbo i reused however im not convinced thats whats leaking any ideas? what would leak that would come out of tranny bellhousing

·
Registered
GL320 CDI - 2008, '04 Touareg V10 TDI, '85 Unimog U1700, '83 Mitsubishi 4WD turbodiesel PU
525 Posts
If the ONLY place you messed with the lube oil system (other than the oil cooler you replaced) is the turbo attach point then that is the most likely place for the leak to occur. Recommend careful dis-assembly and reassemble - especially the metal seal. Tricky design.

·
Registered
2008 R320 CDI, 2006 smart fortwo cabrio, 1983 240D, 1982 300SD, 1980 300SD, 1978 280SE EURO
261 Posts
There are some oil drain passages on the top of the engine that drain through the bellhousing making it difficult to trace leaks...so the oil does not collect on top and affect the electronics up there (servo motors etc). I have not had much apart on top yet not sure of the possibilities for major leaks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for all the help guys turns out the cooler was leaking it was actually cracked. i found out by putting air in the oil gallerys and just blowing air slowly so unfortanitly everything has to come out again thanks again guys !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts