Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 300 D Turbo, 95 E 300 D, 96 E300 D, 98 E300TD, 00 C230 Compressor, 02 C 320 Wagon, 2010 C300
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys,
My transmission all of a sudden started to act weird, fist not shifting, then didn't move in "drive", I turned the ignition off and then on, then It run but shifting rough. Then shifts normal.
Also after I stop when I accelerate it feels it is en 3 or 4th gear.
I read about it, apparently could be a bad wire connection to the plate or something.
Anybody could tell me where to start??
I guess It is 6 or 7 speed transmission.
Thank you

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,643 Posts
Conductor plate went bad. Start searching for an Indy. This is not a easy diy job, because these transmission are programmed to the immobilizer, and I doubt that you possess the 5-7k equipment necessary to program a used plate to the car.

·
Registered
87 300 D Turbo, 95 E 300 D, 96 E300 D, 98 E300TD, 00 C230 Compressor, 02 C 320 Wagon, 2010 C300
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the feedback, I found a person who sells a used transmission for the same year for $300.00 the car was totaled. My fear is that I've been reading the transmissions can't be swapped from one car to another because will not work, It'll need a brand new valve body to be programmed to work in my car.
Is that true?
It is possible that someone with Mercedes Benz equipment could reprogram the used transmission to work in my car without buying a new valve body??
Thank you.....

·
3,643 Posts
Brand new valve body? No.

Brand new conductor plate? Yes. That's if you're using factory mercedes tools....because factory equipment CANNOT program a used one. Let me say that again, CANNOT.

I recommend shopping around indies that have the aftermarket tools to virginize the used conductor plate (meaning wiping the conductor plate so it is in factory new condition) then program with mercedes equipment.

It's what I do.

·
Registered
135 Posts
There is no need to change the transmission, there are companies out there that can repair your own conductor plate and it will not need coding, but you have to remove it and send it off to be done, its not a hard job, but a job that needs good mechanical knowledge, while your at it its also a good time to do a trans service, new filter and oil.
Have a read of the MB medic page, it details it a bit better

·
3,643 Posts
Not for that code. Plate is unrepairable with that code.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UPDATE. My car did stop acting up, by the next day morning the transmission shifted normal and the check engine light disappear, i check it with the scanner and "No faulty codes were found" however yesterday the code U0101 showed up again and disappear by the end of the day.
I think might be a bad connection with the control plate or something because is a come and go problem.
Also what your thoughts would be of the following: I found a company in California that repair control plates. Is it possible?

REPAIR FOR Mercedes 7G Tronic 722.9 TCM Conductor Plate Transmission Control TCU
In response to the substantial number of faulty Mercedes Benz vehicles equipped with 722.9 7G Tronic transmission control modules, we have developed a repair kit that will eliminate the most common causes of failure, by repairing weak points of the internal circuitry and replacing stock components with updated parts that can withstand the extreme pressure of everyday driving. After checkout, you will send us your TCM and diagnostic code/s. We will inspect it for damage and install our repair kit. We will then perform final testing on the repairs done and ship it back to you. Your repaired module will be ready to install back on your vehicle.

I appreciate your feedback.

·
3,643 Posts
You could try contacting them, but like I said, U0101 for lost communication is a bad plate, not just bad speed sensor or solenoid contacts... Which is what the repair kit addresses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts