Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, my first post here.

I`m very close on getting myself a (2008) S 500 L 4MATIC (S 550 in your language, but I`m in EU :) )
Car is in my sight for years now. It has one owner since new, and its in my family. it has 137 000km (85 000mls) on ODO, and very good service history.

Thing that I noticed the other day is that I couldn`t connect my iPhone 10 (iOS13) on a Bluetooth phone.
Is anybody has this problem, or I`m doing something wrong, or, or, or…?

THX (y)

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,786 Posts
For the W221, you have two options for bluetooth with just a bit of work. The stock MBPhoneSystem bluetooth works just for phone calls and is facilitated by a bluetooth puck plugged into the MHI connector in the center console, it looks like this;

For Bluetooth music, at a minimum you'll need a bluetooth adapter for the iPhone cable in the glovebox. One version looks like this and it simply plugs into the iPhone cable. Once paired with it you can play music through the AUX controls in the COMAND unit.

If you don't have the iPhone kit, you might consider something like what I installed, an Android head unit and 10.5" touchscreen display;

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx... So, the android option isn’t option for me (for now).
Second one is OK, and if you can send me some link where I can find it for sale I would apriciate that!

and, now q’ about regular factory Bluetooth phone that is in car right now. It sees my phone, and I’m able to start pairing devices but it never finishes. Is that some problem, or it just want work with iOS13? In the past, that car provided Bluetooth option for older phones.

thanks, A.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,786 Posts
I really don't know if the MBPhoneSystem puck is IOS13 compatible unfortunately, however it worked with my previous two iPhones. My mobile is currently Android and no problems there either. When the pairing is initiated (holding the Bluetooth button on the puck until it starts blinking) the code requrested is MBUSA (62872) to pair. Since you are in the EU, could be entirely different so pardon my ignorance.

The Bovee adapter appears to be available on Amazon.de, just search for Bovee Mercedes.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Hi everybody, my first post here.

I`m very close on getting myself a (2008) S 500 L 4MATIC (S 550 in your language, but I`m in EU :) )
Car is in my sight for years now. It has one owner since new, and its in my family. it has 137 000km (85 000mls) on ODO, and very good service history.

Thing that I noticed the other day is that I couldn`t connect my iPhone 10 (iOS13) on a Bluetooth phone.
Is anybody has this problem, or I`m doing something wrong, or, or, or…?

THX (y)
You're probably doing something wrong. iOS and Android use standard bluetooth protocols to connect to the Bluetooth Puck and there should be no problem connecting to any modern phone. The version of iOS should make no difference.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’ll try to make video of me trying to connect, than you will see.

it sees phone, it even makes some kond of connection, but it repeats to have sign “telephone off” on the dash.

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,786 Posts
You are connecting to the MBPhoneSystem access point right? There is a built-in bluetooth that does not work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It defenetly looks different in my case. I`m out of town at the moment, but when I return, I will try to make video. I really like to hear from you guys, what you think. I remember that there allways been problem for iPhone to be connected to that car, while android had no problems.

Thing is that I connect car and phone, but it never stat actually working.

Other q` about that little device (Bovee),
where do I plug in that device?
can I use other features from my iPhone while its connected
witch specific model schould I order, i see there are several options.

THX !! (y)

·
Outstanding Contributor
1,786 Posts
That 'connect car and phone, but it never starts working', that's usually the case when folks try to connect it to the built-in bluetooth, not the one under the center armrest.

In order for the Bovee to work, you'll need to have the iPhone kit installed (factory/dealer option). If you have it there will be a cable in the glove box with the old iPhone connector on it, looks like this;

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You were absolutely wright! I was trying to connect via built in bluetooth!

now, i tried with the one in the arm rest, and everything is working

thanks guys!!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts