Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2008 ML320 CDI
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

My 2008 ML320 is showing Check Engine. A code reader indicates P1408; which reappears immediately if I erase it. The code reader has no additional information about what this code means. Any ideas?

By the way, the car seems to drive normally. Definitely not in limp mode.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
2008 ML320 CDI
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you tell me more about this EGR valve? Where is it located?

Is there just the one valve that comprises the "EGR system" described in the article?

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
13 GLK350, 02 325, 94 sonoma, 12 RAM, 01 WS6
2,051 Posts
that's it.

it could have an internal issue with that valve. but I usually run the guided test for odd fault codes like this.

·
Registered
2008 ML320 CDI
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the valve out, finally... not looking forware to reattaching those hoses. It is much cleaner than the one in the video. I cleaned it up with a soda blaster anyway.

I also removed the plastic cover so I could clean the valve seat with the valve held open, and I noticed that there wasn't really any grease on the actuator cam (as there was in the video that Wahler posted of one under test); so I added some molydenum disulphide grease to it.

Not too confident this is going to make a difference, though, since things look so clean already...

·
Registered
2008 ML320 CDI
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, that didn't help. BTW, the code reappears immediately when clearing it, so the problem is not an engine running issue, but one detected during initial self-tests.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the valve out, finally... not looking forware to reattaching those hoses. It is much cleaner than the one in the video. I cleaned it up with a soda blaster anyway.

I also removed the plastic cover so I could clean the valve seat with the valve held open, and I noticed that there wasn't really any grease on the actuator cam (as there was in the video that Wahler posted of one under test); so I added some molydenum disulphide grease to it.

Not too confident this is going to make a difference, though, since things look so clean already...
Hi
I change the EGR and I have the same cood
If I clear the engine light I can driver the car ours and no engine light but if I turn the car off and start it up the engine light come back on
Help me please

·
Outstanding Contributor
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,266 Posts
Hi
If I clear the engine light I can driver the car ours and no engine light but if I turn the car off and start it up the engine light come back on
Help me please
Please update your profile to include the year, model (gas or Diesel) and where you live.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
Help me please
I have the exact same issue occurring on my 2008 ml320 cdi v6 diesel. After doing some extensive research I'm beginning to think it might be related to the crankshaft sensors but not 100% certain. Any help would be greatly appreciated

1 - 12 of 12 Posts