Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did my service A around 13k miles but reset the Service A indicator about a year later. Now, I am at about 27k miles and my car shows that service B is due in about 5k miles.

Does this sound correct?

Did the countdown to Service B start when I reset the Service A indicator or is it a fixed schedule regardless when I did the service A.

I ask because I thought Service B was due around 26k and I am thinking my delay in reseting the Service A indicator has now moved the Service B schedule forward by a few thousand miles.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
The countdowwn starts when the reminder is reset.

My car service due reminder lengthens by 1000 miles every time I add 1 quart of oil. So apparently the oil quailty is the primary determinate the car's FSS uses to tell you when to service it. Even if the oil still has life left, I would go ahead with service B now. 1 year/13,000 miles is a good interval. I do mine every 10,000 since I can't really trust the FSS reminder.

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
I did my service A around 13k miles but reset the Service A indicator about a year later.
Why the delay?

Did the countdown to Service B start when I reset the Service A indicator or is it a fixed schedule regardless when I did the service A.
When you reset the service indicator.

I ask because I thought Service B was due around 26k and I am thinking my delay in reseting the Service A indicator has now moved the Service B schedule forward by a few thousand miles.
It has done ...but also read this thread:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w209-clk-class/1554178-maint-intervals-miles-vs-time.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I couldn't figure out how to reset it until I finally saw a clip on youtube as to how. So I reset it then.

This is a leased car, and the lease runs out soon. So I am now wondering if I should just leave it as is, since the dealer has told me that as long as no service lights are on, I am good.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,110 Posts
The next service is ALWAYS due 10K miles (or 13K miles if that's the schedule for your car--check your maintenance booklet) following the previous service ... or one year afterwards if that comes sooner than the mileage.

FSS hasn't existed since 2004-5.

It should be obvious that the "countdown" starts when you do the service, and not when you reset the timer. The assumption is that you do both at the same time and there's no other "magic" involved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The next service is ALWAYS due 10K miles (or 13K miles if that's the schedule for your car--check your maintenance booklet) following the previous service ... or one year afterwards if that comes sooner than the mileage.

FSS hasn't existed since 2004-5.

It should be obvious that the "countdown" starts when you do the service, and not when you reset the timer. The assumption is that you do both at the same time and there's no other "magic" involved.
This seems incorrect: The next service is ALWAYS due 10K miles (or 13K miles if that's the schedule for your car--check your maintenance booklet) following the previous service ... or one year afterwards if that comes sooner than the mileage.

I did service A almost two years ago, and well over a year has passed since I reset the service timer. And yet my service B is at least 6 months away.

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
...This is a leased car, and the lease runs out soon. So I am now wondering if I should just leave it as is, since the dealer has told me that as long as no service lights are on, I am good.
I think I would get that in writing from one of the higher ups. That doesn't sound kosher to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts