Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I've been reading up the 7spd auto svc. Let me see if I have this right, in the early 204's, like '08 it states a change at 39k then it's good for "life". In '09 they went to every 39k interval changes.

With the oil changes, the '08 computer will let you go 13k miles, on the 09+ the computer is 10k intervals.

So, We bought this '08 with 36k few months ago. She's at 39k now. I called my local dealer and they want $425+ taxes and shop fees do to the trans service. I am calling all neighboring dealers tomorrow to compare prices for this job.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I called 3 local merc dealers. Dealer #1- $425. Dealer #2- $299. Dealer #3- $285. I have an appointment tomorrow at dealer #3 to get the trans service done as the car is at 39,xxx miles now. It pays to shop around. Not only is dealer #3's trans service that much cheaper, the oil changes are $79.99 vs $100. If all goes well tomorrow and they are decent I'll start taking it there for oil changes. Might even buy a driver side floor mat from them... one that is the proper one for the car (see other post).

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a different price for an oil flush and a filter and oil change,usually it's about $100 .
I was quoted almost $500 with tax at the local MB dealer for the real thing.
I guess if you can afford a $40K car you should be able to afford this.
Maybe they will seal the engine next,so they can charge that much for a motor oil change.

QUOTE=FLC300;5398603]I called 3 local merc dealers. Dealer #1- $425. Dealer #2- $299. Dealer #3- $285. I have an appointment tomorrow at dealer #3 to get the trans service done as the car is at 39,xxx miles now. It pays to shop around. Not only is dealer #3's trans service that much cheaper, the oil changes are $79.99 vs $100. If all goes well tomorrow and they are decent I'll start taking it there for oil changes. Might even buy a driver side floor mat from them... one that is the proper one for the car (see other post).[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
My service ticket shows they dropped the pan, replaced the filter, bolts and oil. Good thread. My service ticket states 6qty bottles of gear oil. So looks like they did not drain the TC. No guarantee the more expensive dealers would of anyway. So I got 67% of the fluid replaced. I'll take it in a bit early next go around, say at 35k and now that I know this I'll make sure to hammer it. Still better get 6 and a filter done than nothing at all. My wife doesn't drive very hard at all. She averages 27mpg around town. I can barely break 22 in the car. So I'm pretty sure it's not the end of the world. And, if shizi hits the fan, I have it documented "service was done per the 39k interval by the dealer".

Side note.. not sure if this car has a trans cooler or not, but if it's got lines and a cooler up front, and you don't flush, 9 liters/qts is the dry capacity. I've never been able to drain every drop out of a trans. Unless you hook air to the cooler lines. So if it has a cooler, 6 bottles sounds right. I do a lot of wrenching myself except for on the wife's C300, so I can't say for sure, never have done this service before myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts