Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2008 S550 P3 w/ AMG sport package, 2011 Zo6/Z07, 2015 GMC Crew SLT, 1970 GTO
161 Posts
It's not really mercedes it's the warranty companies that send these adjusters that attempt to deny certain work. Either way the battle is with them so be very clear w/ the service advisor they have to fight and explain in detail to them. They are your advocate and it behooves them to get paid although they will turn on you if they don't.

·
Registered
2007 ML500 & 2014 S550
35 Posts
It's not really mercedes it's the warranty companies that send these adjusters that attempt to deny certain work. Either way the battle is with them so be very clear w/ the service advisor they have to fight and explain in detail to them. They are your advocate and it behooves them to get paid although they will turn on you if they don't.
Definitely understand that.. It's the part where they will turn to me if the work is already done and I didn't play a role in the decision. To me, the whole process felt experimental to solve my issue. After the pump and relay, they replaced the control module which did not fix the problem..then they replaced both front air shocks and broke an A-Arm in the process. I am sure I signed something that gave some authorization, but I said I wanted to approve any costs that might come my way. As it stands right now, my service adviser said it was 4 grand in work. Not sure what happens if the work gets denied by the warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok, I have read every one of the concerns but no one has the same problem as my 2007 S 550 airmatic system.
Problem the left side F & R stands at 28 1/2 " not bottom out, the right side is 30 1/2 " both F & R .
The pump comes on when I raise the car and pump stops. Left side goes up a little Right side stays the same. The pump shuts off and the car does not lower.
I sprayed soapy water and don't seam to have a leak. Question: if the pump had a crack or leak in the system would the pump stop running?
When I turn off the switch to raise the car it does not lower.

Please help,

Dave

21 - 23 of 23 Posts