Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1976 Rover Mini; 2003 Z06; 2011 smart fortwo Passion
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have seen several posts asking where it is (top edge of the glove box) and it took me two days to find it in our car - just wasn't looking from the right angle. So, here's a photo (I'm guessing it's in the same place in all E-class cars of this year):

:)

·
Registered
07 E320 avantgarde
3 Posts
i have locked after the input in my car but can't find it. is it possible that there not are a input in the car?

·
Registered
1976 Rover Mini; 2003 Z06; 2011 smart fortwo Passion
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the Aux input is used with the COMAND system/HK audio but could be wrong. :)

·
Registered
07 E320 avantgarde
3 Posts
I have comand in the car. but i can see the spot in the glove box, where the input schould be like on the photo. but it isn't there.

·
Registered
2006 E350 Sport
68 Posts
Does anyone know how the Aux input frpm the glovebox plugs into the Command (RCA or MB custom)?. I'm thinking of bypassing the glovebox work and just going directly from the Command to the console.

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
Does anyone know how the Aux input frpm the glovebox plugs into the Command (RCA or MB custom)?. I'm thinking of bypassing the glovebox work and just going directly from the Command to the console.
Why do it the hard way?
Connect an extension cable to the glovebox Aux jack then route it to wherever you want.
NXG Sapphire Series 1/8 Extension Cable : Extension cables | RadioShack.com

If you got iApple gadget, get a 2-way wireless remote iJet. the iApple gadget and the ijet transceiver are hidden in the glovebox, plugged into the Aux jack. The small iJet remote control actually has LCD display that shows the song titles.
iJet Two Way LCD Remote

Search the internet for the best price.

·
Registered
2006 E350 Sport
68 Posts
Why do it the hard way?
Connect an extension cable to the glovebox Aux jack then route it to wherever you want.
NXG Sapphire Series 1/8 Extension Cable : Extension cables | RadioShack.com

If you got iApple gadget, get a 2-way wireless remote iJet. the iApple gadget and the ijet transceiver are hidden in the glovebox, plugged into the Aux jack. The small iJet remote control actually has LCD display that shows the song titles.
iJet Two Way LCD Remote

Search the internet for the best price.
Why? because I use my glovebox frequently and I dont want wires hanging about. The Command to console solution would hide the cable and eliminate the need for a iJet purchase ($65???).

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
Sorry. I opened my glove box once a year to put in the registration paper.
By the way, MB provided the Aux input in the glove box for a reason: Safety. They wanted the driver to place his accessories in the glove box. In a head-on collision, anything that the driver mounts on the dash will launch like a missile to hit unintended target to add more to injuries. If your accessories are in the glove box, they stay in there in a collision. The MB salesman is supposed to tell every buyer about it unless the car is bought from a non-MB dealer then the buyer would have no idea.
Look around inside the car, everything including the glove box was built with safety in mind.

·
Registered
2006 E350 Sport
68 Posts
I'm not interested in mounting it on the dashboard (too ghetto looking for me:). I'm installing it in the console, the same place where MB used to install their phones.

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
4,514 Posts

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,142 Posts
Year and model please, along with what version COMAND or APS audio you have would be a big help.

·
Registered
CLS500 (5.5l)
116 Posts
I undertook the project on Saturday to route the cable from the glovebox to the compartment behind the gear selector. Here are some pics briefly detailing what I did.

1) Plugged the cable in and ran it to the right and out along the side of the glovebox into the side paneling in the passenger footwell.

2) Took the trim panels off the central console and routed the cable through to the transmission tunnel and back towards the little compartment.

3) Carved a little notch into the upper edge of the carrier and threaded the cable through it. Finished off by replacing all the trim panels etc.

The entire job took around an hour and the trickiest bit was getting the two trim panels on either side of the central console back in place. Took some trial and error but in the end it all worked out. Cable is out of sight but close at hand when I want to use it.

Now, can anyone tell me what the highlighted part in this photo is:

It looks like what would be a heat-sink as it's just some metal fins sticking out but I have no idea what it is, and the curiosity is getting to me.

·
Registered
'07 E-550 4-Matic
69 Posts
Now, can anyone tell me what the highlighted part in this photo is:

It looks like what would be a heat-sink as it's just some metal fins sticking out but I have no idea what it is, and the curiosity is getting to me.
I believe that is for change. :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

1 - 20 of 20 Posts