Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whenever I turn my car on I have no brakes what so ever for the first minute or so and then after a while all braking power comes back. A few days ago it snowed and I noticed some lime green spots in the snow under my car. Could this be brake fluid? Does anyone know what the problem with the brakes is? Please advise

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
when you say no brakes, what do you mean? does the pedal go all the way to the floor? is the pedal hard? it doesnt sound like a fluid issue as no fluid will cause no brakes, and if your brakes come back after a minute, then the fluid isnt the issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just joined up !!
Have been browsing this forum in view of purchasing 2001 C200 kompressor from a fellow "P" car owner/club member (not to use abusive words on this forum). The C200 is a very well looked after vehicle.

In discussions as to the history of problems of this vehicvle a previous issue was that described here with no brakes after initial start up. The problem was failure of the electric vacuum pump located under the battery. This electric vacuum pump being used to provide initial vacuum to the system. This was a dealer located and rectified problem. The battery had leaked and failed the pump.

Please I am only relaying on what I had been informed and know next to nothing about the MB. This may change over the coming months/years.

Please appreciate I am anly passing on what I have been adviced.

Thanks, Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts