Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 07 C 230 has a slight ticking sound- sounds like from the dashboard. Also, this car has extremely loud road noise- I mean a roar. Is this normal? I trest drove this car in the rain, and I did not notice these sounds until later. Has anyone noticed such problems and if so, are there solutions?
Thanks.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I telephoned my dealership last week to inquire about a continuous, but faint, humming from the dash area, even with the ignition off - it sounds like a laptop fan and I also have an intermittent muted ringing sound after turning off the engine.
I was advised that there are many computers in the car and these will make cooling fan noises for up to 20 minutes after switching off. The Tech said my car noises were perfectly normal. I agreed with this as the car runs beautifully.
Your road noise level may be due to the type of tires and the air pressure ( I use 32 PSI all round ) or the type of road surface you encounter. I have OEM Continentals and drive on smoothly paved roads and there is some tire noise on the highway - but well within normal and acceptable limits.
I suggest you visit or telephone your dealer to clarify your situation.

·
Registered
51 Posts
ahh. well you have a W203 and not a 204 so u might get more answers in the 203 section (not your fault, whoever set the forums up has the years wrong on the W203 forum, it goes through 07 not 06) but anyway,

we had a faint clicking type noise in our 07, my wife described it as a faint ford focus turn signal type of clicking noise (her friend had a focus) and when she told our dealer that, they immediately knew what to fix....turns out something in the instrument cluster needed to be moved - a wiring harness i think. but anyway, the dealer should be able to fix it pretty quick.

as for road noise, i hear ya. im guessing u have the stock tires or something similar with about 15-20k miles on the tires....our stock michellin pilot primacys were so loud i actually took it in thinking i had bad wheel bearings....we replaced the tires with bf goodrich G force sports and although its only been several hundred miles, so far its leaps and bounds improvement. its not going to be cadilla or maybach quiet but the tires will make a world of difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts