Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a 2006 SLK AMG wheels will fit my 2008 c300 sport? The bolt pattern is the same. Im just worried aboutfitment?

·
Registered
44 Posts
coming from the suby world (STIs) ... not sure about running staggered wheel setup on an AWD cars-
The 2008 C300 Sport 4Matic comes with staggered wheels, but the C300 Luxury 4Matic does not.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
The 2008 C300 4Matics come with staggered wheels.
Really? Is that a mid-year change? Specs in brochure indicates same size/width wheel on all 4 wheels.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Really? Is that a mid-year change? Specs in brochure indicates same size/width wheel on all 4 wheels.
My brochure says the same thing, but the car came with staggered-width wheels and tires, the same size that come on the non 4Matic models, and my window sticker refers to the staggered wheels.

·
Premium Member
7,273 Posts
My brochure says the same thing, but the car came with staggered-width wheels and tires, the same size that come on the non 4Matic models, and my window sticker refers to the staggered wheels.
No surprise to me. This has been discussed before. Most of us agree that staggered wheels (with different rim widths only) should be no problem if rolling tire diameter of all 4 wheels are the same. MB owners manuals provide no verbage warning against the use of staggered wheels on 4-matic.

Staggered wheels on a front heavy RWD car are mostly for style and the performance impact is minor at best. Personally I like the look. And on rear engine and mid-engine cars staggered wheels are a must (Porsche, etc.).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts