Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2007 SLK55 AMG
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a call from my sales guy. He said my order for an '06 SLK 55 is being bumped to an '07. No major changes, but the option packages are different and there are no price yet. So, I had to place a new order with new options without having a fixed price. The salesman said it's standard practice for MB this time of year and I could cancel my order at any time and get my deposit back if I didn't like the pricing when it becomes known. No problem, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had the same experience.

·
Registered
858 Posts
[:0]Seems early in the 2006 model year to be told no more 2006s? Doesn't the SLK model year start around September - October?

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
It's spring in the northern hemisphere. The perfect time to change the model year designation and up the price.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
974 Posts
Same here. I bought mine on April 15th and had to wait for a 2006 which was delivered in mid-August. At least, I avoided the oil-consumption problem that was found on some 2005 models.

Anyone knows what are the changes for 2007? I hope they are very very minor!!!

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
Zut - 4/12/2006 6:26 PM

Anyone knows what are the changes for 2007? I hope they are very very minor!!!
Hey Zut - Rumor has it that the changes ARE very, very minor. All MB changed was the exterior styling. [:0] Ha!

·
Registered
04 SL500; 06 SLK350
249 Posts
Zut, As I prepare to take delivery of my '06 SLK 350, I hope that changes for the '07 model are confined to one: a huge price increase. Just kidding! Sort of.[:I]Dinoman

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
Had the same experience, ordered mine May '05, my salesman did not know the price increase, my contract said, price will be determined at time of delivery (which was in Germany). No cancellation for ED cars, you have to pay 30 days before delivery. At least you get to cancel if you don't like the price.

Zut: for the '06 model, they took away a few things and increase the price[:(!]

·
Registered
2005 SLK55
664 Posts
It's a good thing. You'll more than recoup the higher sticker when its trade-in time. And MB is using up the 1000/yearly allocation earlier, keeping the car in high demand.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
974 Posts
Ynot - 4/13/2006 10:09 AM
Zut: for the '06 model, they took away a few things and increase the price[:(!]
I know.. [:(!][:(!][:(!] However, changes vary from one country to the other. In Canada, the loss was not that noticeable since we had less to begin with...

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
974 Posts
Dinoman - 4/13/2006 8:57 AM
Zut, As I prepare to take delivery of my '06 SLK 350, I hope that changes for the '07 model are confined to one: a huge price increase. Just kidding! Sort of.[:I]Dinoman
As Ynot said, the changes are not necessarily extra things. Sometimes, MB takes things away. [V][:(!]

·
Registered
06 SLK 350, 03 C320
165 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me last year around this time. I ordered my 05 in March but wanted a July delivery. Turned out that new 05 orders couldn't be delivered in July so I got an 06. No difference in price, but I got the Sirius Sat Radio (option in 05) instead of the 6-CD changer (standard with prem sound in 05, option in 06). Worked out for the best since I only use the MP3 player, don't need 6-CD, and love the Sirius.

And as someone mentioned, your car is a year newer for resale value.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
974 Posts
gmabli - 4/13/2006 1:24 PM

Exact same thing happened to me last year around this time. I ordered my 05 in March but wanted a July delivery. Turned out that new 05 orders couldn't be delivered in July so I got an 06. No difference in price, but I got the Sirius Sat Radio (option in 05) instead of the 6-CD changer (standard with prem sound in 05, option in 06). Worked out for the best since I only use the MP3 player, don't need 6-CD, and love the Sirius.

And as someone mentioned, your car is a year newer for resale value.
Lucky you! I only had things removed from the packages I picked plus a 1000$ price increase. [:(!] I love my car anyway.

·
Registered
04 SL500; 06 SLK350
249 Posts
Zut, I have been trying without success to post a long rant on everyone's preoccupation with the "Next
Big Thing" (SLK 63, hot and cold running Perrier in the console, etc.). Suffice it to say, for the second time in two years, I will be taking delivery of an MB that is literally superannuated within a month or two. I order for spring delivery to take maximum advantage of the short summer season in my area, so I will rarely if ever have the "latest" thing for long. However, I think that misses the point, namely, to enjoy what you've bought, because you obviously liked it enough to buy it in the first place. Maybe I'm lacking in competitive spirit, but at least I'm not always looking over the next hill. You have every reason to love your car, whether or not it anyone else thinks it's the ultimate. The only person you need to please is yourself.[8D]Dinoman

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
974 Posts
Dinoman - 4/14/2006 11:01 AM

Zut, I have been trying without success to post a long rant on everyone's preoccupation with the "Next
Big Thing" (SLK 63, hot and cold running Perrier in the console, etc.). Suffice it to say, for the second time in two years, I will be taking delivery of an MB that is literally superannuated within a month or two. I order for spring delivery to take maximum advantage of the short summer season in my area, so I will rarely if ever have the "latest" thing for long. However, I think that misses the point, namely, to enjoy what you've bought, because you obviously liked it enough to buy it in the first place. Maybe I'm lacking in competitive spirit, but at least I'm not always looking over the next hill. You have every reason to love your car, whether or not it anyone else thinks it's the ultimate. The only person you need to please is yourself.[8D]Dinoman
Amen!!! [:)]

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Dinoman, I agree with you 100%. I can easily afford a much faster car but I chose my SLK 350 because it does everything I want a roadster to do. Living in a suburb of Chicago, I don't have very many opportunities to use the potential of an SL 65 or Ferrari.

·
Registered
04 SL500; 06 SLK350
249 Posts
Zut and Duo-Art, I have been a car nut all my life. I have never believed that the car hobby was a competition or a zero-sum game. I told a friend who has had fifteen Ferraris, a Rolls-Royce, seven SL's (including an R230) and other assorted MB's, before I ordered my '04 SL 500, that I would have bought an SL 350, had it been available in the U.S. I enjoy speed and acceleration, but value other qualities as well. I also tend to hold onto cars that I love. Next month will mark thirty years of owning my "first-born" Dino, and I would not part with it under any circumstances. I realize that, at age 58, I am probably skewing an otherwise young demographic, but I consider all car lovers to be "ageless," if you know what I mean. I'm also interested in "what's next," but not in the context of having to possess it, and being the first to do so. Thanks for your encouraging comments.[8D]Dinoman

·
Registered
04 SL500; 06 SLK350
249 Posts
Agreed. I think it can also be said that maturity comes with contentment![;)]Dinoman

1 - 20 of 36 Posts