Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2006 c280 4matic
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told that KW Varient 1's were a great option if i wanted a good coil-over system (which I do)

Any ideas or suggestions? Will a KW Varient 1 setup fit/work well?

I have 18"s on there and everything else is stock

thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
2006 c280 4matic
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
BUMP

anyone? PLEASE

I need a little help here

I've run into a LOT of roadblocks because my car is a 4matic. Does anyone know what my coilover options are with the 4matic taken into account?

Thanks,

Paul

·
Registered
2004 C240 Wagon
355 Posts
hey Pdawg, I am stating the obvious here, but springs/coilovers are hard to find for a 4-matic. I believe Vogtland makes lowering springs for 4-Matic. I have yet to see coilovers. There was someone on here ( or maybe the the other MB forum) that was trying to get a group-buy going. I think the gist of that was if he could find enough buyers the manufacterer would build sets for 4-matic application. BTW, Wheels look good. Cheers, Greg

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
With that said, a good set of Bilsteins and springs will give you 95% of what coilovers do handling wise, but you won't get the same amount of drop out of them. Don't bother paying for adjustables unless you want to pay to have them run on a shock dyno as well.

·
Registered
2006 c280 4matic
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bilsteins run a little too stiff for me...too much performance and not as much "cush" in the ride.

I was considering Konis. Any thoughts? (Keep 4matic in mind)

·
Registered
2006 c280 4matic
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
nope

turns out Konis dont apply to the 4matic. Seems none of the good aftermarket suspension companies offer anything for a 4matic

Still have 0 options.

hmmmmmm

PS - thanks for the link

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
You could get Bilsteins and have them revalved softer, shouldn't be crazy expensive. Of course you have to find a suspension shop that can do that, but once it's done it should work great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts