Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 Sport
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 01 230 sport got totaled. With the insurance money would you buy an 05 SLK 350 or an 09 Challenger? Just curious. Thanks

·
Registered
2005 C230K Sport Coupe 6-speed! And now a 2011 GLK 350 4Matic in Palladium Silver!
1,122 Posts
That's like asking if I would buy a bag of apples or a T-bone steak. There are high points and low points to each car. I guess it would depend on what you enjoy more, a Benz with a steel drop-top, or a Dodge hardtop (based on the old E-Class platform, and that's definitely not a bad thing.) If you can get an SRT8 Challenger for what you got from your insurance, you will be driving one bad-ass car! On the other hand, the stares you will get and the feeling you get when you are cruising around in an SLK (no matter which engine it has), well, you know...

·
Registered
2009 SLK 55 AMG
966 Posts
hmmmm convertible or a company that is possibly going out of business?

·
Registered
2009 SLK 55 AMG
966 Posts

·
Registered
2008 C300 Sport 6-speed
96 Posts
SLK350... what will have more residual value and more appeal in 5 years? Which one will show less wear and tear? Which one has better MPG's? Plus there are tons of aftermarket accesories for the SLK.... BTW its a Benz.... my $.02

·
Registered
858 Posts
:thumbsup:I grew up during the original muscle car era and it was wonderful. Corvettes, Camaros, Chevelle SS, GTOs, Plymouth Roadrunners, Dodge Challengers, Barracudas, Olds 442s, Dodge Magnums, Mustangs, etc. The list goes on. It was a great time to be young (18 in 1968) and a car enthusiast. It's great they're bring back the Challenger and the Camaro. My family had a new '68 GTO and a used '69 Camaro SS. Been there, done that. Nothing as classy as a SLK. Used '05 SLK or a new '09 Challenger, no wrong answer. Good luck with your decision.

·
Registered
2009 SLK 55 AMG
966 Posts
gee you're old! i was 15 in '68! lol!

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
I had a 69 Charger R/T with the 440 Magnum engine (I bought it new). Those muscle cars sure were a pain to start in very cold weather.

·
Registered
'15 C220 CDI Coupe AMG Sport Edition in Fire Opal
77 Posts
:thumbsup:I grew up during the original muscle car era and it was wonderful. Corvettes, Camaros, Chevelle SS, GTOs, Plymouth Roadrunners, Dodge Challengers, Barracudas, Olds 442s, Dodge Magnums, Mustangs, etc. The list goes on. It was a great time to be young (18 in 1968) and a car enthusiast. It's great they're bring back the Challenger and the Camaro. My family had a new '68 GTO and a used '69 Camaro SS. Been there, done that. Nothing as classy as a SLK. Used '05 SLK or a new '09 Challenger, no wrong answer. Good luck with your decision.
I agree........ with JBanks, you are old....:D

(I was 11 in '68). :p

To the, op I haven't driven a Challenger, but if it's made to anywhere near the same build standard as a Calibre, I would choose the SLK.

·
Registered
2006 c230 sport, 2006 BMW 330
279 Posts
HMMMMM....4000 plus pound car which was rated as the slowest out of its three competitors and is the worst overall build, or the new and refined mercedes that was technically the fist car company in the world ever created with more DTM racing wins than dodge has customers lol(ok so I exaggerated the wins)

·
Registered
None at this time. Sadly :(
53 Posts
My 01 230 sport got totaled. With the insurance money would you buy an 05 SLK 350 or an 09 Challenger? Just curious. Thanks
If You have friends then I would go with the Challenger cause it has pretty big back seats for a coupe but then if You don't mind about that then go ahead and get the SLK. I have only sat in the Challenger and I fell in love with it, but I have not sat in the SLK. But it's Your choice. :)

Good Luck!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts