1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I explained what I am exploring here.
Yes old school I know.

But very specific I am looking for all stereo entertainment wiring diagrams tor 05. Later 04 may be of help as well. Any earlier diagrams won’t and I have those.

05 has lots of bundled wires behind the head unit.

I found one 05 diagram on a site but it only has basic stereo. Though others may find this site useful.

It seems they try to get you to subscribe but if you say click on Mercedes you can get a list of just about every car.

·
W163 and General M Gremlin
7,660 Posts
humm, wonder if it's in the stickies.

·
W163 and General M Gremlin
7,660 Posts
post #20?

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
post #20?
Thanks for finding that one Khomer! I should have more faith on the benzworld search engine. Did google forgot to add Benzworld to my google searches.

it is what I was interested in. It does show the SDAR unit ( but only one pink wire going to it). which I believe is the Sirus sat radio unit. But Oddly the 05 I have pick a part acces to has the harness in the cd changer compartment. That harness has a pink and a red and brown. Brown is easy if it is “brown it is a ground” that was tied into the tail light ground.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
9,702 Posts
There is article in WIS that shows SDAR retrofit. I will dig it up later.

Red power from fuse F1f21
Brown ground from W7
Pink wakeup line from head unit.

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is SDAR install DTB and wiring diagram.
Many thanks Witek you are the when it comes to this type of info!

I pulled the SDAR wire harness ( the carpet in this ml was out and some one pulled the rear jump seats so the right interior trim was off making half the job done)

Red ties in at the main loom, left side of transmission tunnel just where it Ys off to the branch that leads to the command unit.

Pink tied in under passenger seat. As it climbed over the tunnel.

My want of the diagram was to confirm which fuse etc.

Question:
if I continue on with this do you think I need to tie in at the same points or can I just splice it to the CD changer harness? I will need to double check but I think it is on the same fuse.

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
2,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have sourced most of the needed parts the one that is giving me a hard time is the y adapter d2b adapter harness.

with the correct plugs and some short optic cable I could fab one say some optic loops or the cable can still be sourced in lengths.

but it be easier to find the harness.

listed as

B6 783 0026

I can not find on any site. It is kinda like they are off the books parts since it was an dealer added option.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
9,702 Posts
Get VIN of the organ donor.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
9,702 Posts
I have the vin of the organ donor it only had the sat ready head unit no sirus added. Don’t know if that helps
That is not going to help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts