Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Super Charged Range Rover, 2007 GL450, 2007 S65 Renntech'd
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car in September 2004. Silver with Ash interior and burl walnut. It is loaded.. parktronic, distronic, keyless go, 6 disc, dynamic seating, wood trim everywhere, sunshades, command, satelite, phone..... etc.. etc... I would just like to say this car is absolutely fantastic. I have almost 32,000 miles on the car and have had no problems. The best part of my day is getting in my car and simply driving. Anyone else love their car that much?? I'm 26 years old and I am pretty hard on the car. I am very impressed with Mercedes. I honestly didn't think I was going to love the car this much, but anyone who is thinking of getting an E500... DO IT!! I made this deal with my wife when I bought the car... I told her I will buy her a $10,000 diamond for her ring and in return she will NEVER EVER EVER get to drive my Mercedes. Since she is a bad driver and I love my car very much, I felt like it was an insurance policy I bought. Well, 32,000 miles later, she hasn't even sat in the drivers seat and she is happy with her ring! And best of all... no dents, no bent rims, no scratches from the wife! Anyway, I just wanted to let everyone know how fun this car really is. I don't think these new Mercedes are as fun without all of the cool bells and whistles, so if you can afford to spend an extra 15K on options, DO IT!! (The only thing that I am missing is some 20's.. Anyone have any good suggestions or websites???

·
Registered
2005 E500
141 Posts
That is a great deal you made with your wife LOL [:)]!! I blew my chances for that because I already bought my wife a huge diamond when we got engaged. But luckily, for some reason, my wife is AFRAID to drive the E500. She refuses to drive it even when I want to take her car (an SUV) out for the day.

In any case, I can understand why you love the car that much. I have had some minor annoying problems with my E500 (all were fixed) and I STILL love it that much.

I have a bunch of the options that you have, except that I did not drop the $$$ for distronic because I thought I just wouldn't use it that much. Even while on cruise control, I monitor the situation really carefully and I feel better personally taking over from the cruise control when the need arises.

It is good to occasionally see a post like yours. Many people get the impression that these W211's are just riddled with problems, because they see so many posts about problems/issues on this board. But they forget to take into account that one of the main reasons this board is so useful is as a source for MB owners to get help from other owners about problems that they might be having, and that the benzworld online group is but a tiny fraction of MB owners out there.

These cars are awesome. In a few years, I hope to be replacing my E500 with an E55 AMG (or maybe by then it will be an E65).

·
Registered
04' E320
57 Posts
05' with 31k miles. You must drive alot.
glad to here you like your car and all the options, but a 10k diamond for not driving your car!! you could have used that 10k towards a E55 and just the power alone would have scared your wife away from ever driving it.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
92 Posts
My 2005 E320 CDI is magnificent, with no problems for 28,000 miles. I dare say I also enjoy the 32 mpg at 75 mph along with the 0-60 of 6.6 seconds.

For those considering an E500, take a hard look at the CDI. It may be just the ticket for having your cake and eating it too!

·
Registered
E 320 CDI
41 Posts
I agree with pierre on the CDI.I also have a 320 CDi ,13000 miles and no problems at all.I tried a E320 but it is ZERO compared to the CDI.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am liking this.

13k miles on mine and the only problem was the latch on the glovebox. The technician pulled some wires accidentally when he was fixing it, so I placed it back in the shop.

Even though it's a sedan, it still evokes a sense of youth that this 16 year old loves.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
92 Posts
Yikes. 35,000 miles in 15 months now. I'll be ready to trade up shortly! Too bad there is not S320 CDI for the US.

·
Registered
My Benz: 04 S430
1,219 Posts
You guys are great!! I wanted to get some feedback from some "E" owners, I was out looking at one or two today becacause I love the body style, but wasn't sure if it was totally worh the extra bucks compared to my C230. I know it's a lot more car, but what I have is what I have. So, I wanted to hear that some folks are just CRAZY about their car. NOw, I think I will be just as happy, so I thanks all who expressed their feelings towards their cars.. I might give the CDi a chance since it seems to be a worthy buy also. I know this car just looks awesome with big wheels and slammed just a touch. Tha't how i'll be rollin' I'll keep you guys informed as I slide out of my C class into my "E". I have my dealer looking for an "05" with Nav for me so I hope he finds something I fall in love with.

·
Registered
2003 E320 - wife's car now; 07 Porsche Boxster S - my car!!
637 Posts
I have a 2003 E320 with just the basics: CD changer, heated steering wheel/seats, folding rear seats, sunroof. It has 42K miles now and has been behaving itself. I did have some minor, aggravating problems in the beginning but the vehicle's electronics/software seems to be stable now -- I hope it stays that way. I bought the MB because my wife wanted it, and she enjoys sitting in it versus driving it. As far as a diamond ring, my wife wants one for our 10th anniversary (we've been married 5 yrs now).

I hope some of you are right as this forum (and the MBworld forum) represent a small minority of MB owners, and therefore, we are seeing a small percentage of problems with MB's. I never felt good about Chrysler taking over MB as Chrysler is not famous for their quality.

Good luck to everyone with their MB's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts