Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
08 ML320CDI, 05 E500, 04 CLK 500 (traded), 06 MB R350 (turned in) , 04 FORD SuperDuty King Ranch
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty sure I blew my left front Airmatic Shock today. The tire is tucked to the max, and the car handles bumps like a yacht... Is there any need to diagnose this other than the Airmatic shock is blown and needs to be replaced..? In other words, is there any alternative at this point..? I can order the part from Arnott and do the work myself as taking it to MB is out of the question... Looks like ~$485.00 for the part and $200 core plus $25 shipping... Do they cut any slack to forum members...? :confused:

·
Registered
08 ML320CDI, 05 E500, 04 CLK 500 (traded), 06 MB R350 (turned in) , 04 FORD SuperDuty King Ranch
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crickets...... OK, so I did some prelim troubleshooting just cuz' I wanted to be sure before I orderd the replacemement part... Jacked the left front and inspected the shock. Top and Bottom rubber boots/bellows seem fine, no obvious problems there... I did notice I can raise and lower the suspension with little or no resistance. When I disconnect the air line and cycle the suspension lift button, I get a short burst of air out the air line and then it stops, like 2 or 3 seconds... The right F and both Rears seems to be at the normal height so I'm pretty sure the compressor is working fine... As far as I can tell without any real way to diagnose it is that the issue is the shock so I'll just replace it and pray...

·
Registered
2004 E500 4Matic Black on Black, 2015 GLA250 Mountain Grey/Black Interior
26 Posts
My '04 E500 4Matic is in the shop right now, blew the passenger side front strut. Mechanic is stumped bc he can't get the axle out, you need to remove the axle to allow the removal of the strut. He's a former Mercedes guy, has a call in to the local dealer which is actually in another state. Took about a week plus to get the strut from Arnott so keep that in mind.

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts