Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

The glass mounted GPS antenna for my 2005 E320 CDI is damaged/broken and needing replacement. I already have the replacement antenna but unfortunately, I think I have a real problem on my hands. To the best of my knowledge, it looks like the wiring is actually in-between the rear window and C pillar, inside the seal for the rear window. This is an absolutely crazy design showing me why the face-lifted W211s have the antenna on the roof. I have no idea how to access this wiring other than having the glass removed. Attached are some installation pdf files which seems straight forward but they do not address the exact location of the gps/phone wiring. Has anyone actually installed this antenna before? I have searched this and many forums and there is not one concise answer as to how to actually fish the wiring through the glass and down to the gps/phone units.

If the window has to be removed, I have two other options:

1) Take the new antenna I have purchased and construct/spice in a wiring harness to the existing wiring.
2) Purchase the euro dash ariel (I think part number B67823100) and install that. Then cut off the wiring on my new antenna and use it as a dummy antenna.

If anyone has any ideas for me, I’d appreciate it.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI (W211)
157 Posts
The window does NOT have to be removed. The antenna wire is in between the window seal and the body. Take your time removing the old one....you'll see.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The window does NOT have to be removed. The antenna wire is in between the window seal and the body. Take your time removing the old one....you'll see.
Good to hear, any tips on getting the wires in between the seal and body. Feeler gauages to carefully pry up the seal? I plan to use painter's tape and some foam padding to prevent any damage to the window/paint.

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI, 123 2.8E, 123 3.0D, 123 2.4D, 123 2.0, 124 2.5D
20 Posts
I suggest you post this problem on the audio Telematics forum. Memebr Diesel Benz will help you out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts