Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2001 S500
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my car back from service. Just bought an 05 CL500 and noticed that the convenience menu in the instrument cluster did not have the reverse tilt down option for the passenger side view mirror. However, the owners manual clearly states that the car has this feature. I was even able to set the memory tilt down position, but don't have the option to turn it on/off in the menu. The dealer tells me that they took this out of the 05. I don't believe that. Does anyone on this board have an 05 or newer that can attest to this. Previously, I had an 01 S500 and that had the reverse tilt down. Can't imagine why they would do away with it.

Thanks for the replys.

Michael

·
Registered
2000' CL500
66 Posts
Are you asking if it could be possible to turn the tilt down function on and off?

If so, then the answer should be yes if you want to do this mechanically. On my CL500, you simply switch the mirror function located on your driver side door panel to the "left mirror" control button to prevent the side view mirror from tilting up and down when you shift the car into reverse. To allow this function to work, simply hit the "right mirror" control button on the door panel.

There's nothing in my instrument cluster that allows any control over the side mirror's tilting function either.

Jon

Just got my car back from service. Just bought an 05 CL500 and noticed that the convenience menu in the instrument cluster did not have the reverse tilt down option for the passenger side view mirror. However, the owners manual clearly states that the car has this feature. I was even able to set the memory tilt down position, but don't have the option to turn it on/off in the menu. The dealer tells me that they took this out of the 05. I don't believe that. Does anyone on this board have an 05 or newer that can attest to this. Previously, I had an 01 S500 and that had the reverse tilt down. Can't imagine why they would do away with it.

Thanks for the replys.

Michael

·
Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,193 Posts
My mirror behaves the same way. I need to have the right mirror adjustment switch selected for it to tilt downward in reverse.

·
Registered
2001 S500
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. My 01 S500 worked the same way. But this 05 CL doesn't. According to the owners manual, to switch this feature on/off, its in the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
2000' CL500
66 Posts
Perhaps not all batches of 05' CLs came with the same electronic cluster?

For example, most of the CL and S classes I've seen have the option to display MPH digitally on the instrument cluster. My CL, however, does not have this feature for some reason.

Jon

Thanks guys. My 01 S500 worked the same way. But this 05 CL doesn't. According to the owners manual, to switch this feature on/off, its in the instrument cluster.

·
Registered
2001 S500
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Perhaps not all batches of 05' CLs came with the same electronic cluster?

For example, most of the CL and S classes I've seen have the option to display MPH digitally on the instrument cluster. My CL, however, does not have this feature for some reason.

Jon"

Jon-

I think the digital MPH was part of the refresh/update that all S-Class and CL's got in 03 with the wide screen Navigation. My 01 S500 didn't have the MPH either. My CL does have the MPH. It also has the street name and direction of travel on the Nav menu in the instrument cluster. My S only displayed "NAV" in the menu when the Nav was not in use.

·
Registered
2000' CL500
66 Posts
Michael,

Thank you for your input.

Mercedes surely has an interesting way of building and diversifying its electronic components' functions.

Believe it or not, I test drove a 2002' S55 (the year with the smaller NAV screen unit) a while ago and it actually had the MPH and NAV direction display on its instrument cluster.

Jon

"Perhaps not all batches of 05' CLs came with the same electronic cluster?

Jon"

Jon-

I think the digital MPH was part of the refresh/update that all S-Class and CL's got in 03 with the wide screen Navigation. My 01 S500 didn't have the MPH either. My CL does have the MPH. It also has the street name and direction of travel on the Nav menu in the instrument cluster. My S only displayed "NAV" in the menu when the Nav was not in use.

·
Registered
2001 S500
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Michael,

Thank you for your input.

Mercedes surely has an interesting way of building and diversifying its electronic components' functions.

Believe it or not, I test drove a 2002' S55 (the year with the smaller NAV screen unit) a while ago and it actually had the MPH and NAV direction display on its instrument cluster.

Jon
Crazy Germans!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts