Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 E350 CDI & 2017 C300 Cabrio
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter weather is right around the corner. I've seen a few mentions of Power Services diesel additives (good & bad) and was wondering what the concensus was. My CDI is less than a week old for me, has 91k on the odometer and is in very nice shape. Should I keep a bottle of additive in the trunk for fillups or not?

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,126 Posts
It is a good product, I don't use it in a car, but others here do. I use it in my tractors.

·
Registered
1985 300CD Turbo coupe, 2006 E320 CDI sedan
573 Posts
I use it in two cars and two tractors - year 'round. Most of the year I use the silver jug at the 2x recommended (cetane booth) strength. During the cold months, I use the white jug, also at the 2x recommended (anti-gel) strength. Not positive, but I think 2x strength from the white jug is actually cetane boost plus anti-gel.

//greg//

·
Registered
2007 W211 E320 Bluetec
557 Posts
For those that live in Canada, do you guys add anything during the winter? If yes, what do you guys recommend?
I have a Shell station close by. Apparently Shell has the best diesel ( opinion based on a post by a member on this forum).
Thanks
07 E320 Blutec, I'm not exactly sure why my car has this badge as it doesn't have the Add blue system.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,126 Posts
MB did not put the urea injection on North American cars until 2010, but the engine was designed for the upcoming urea injection to meet smog specifications that went into effect in 2010 and were already law in some EU countries.

I know several drivers of CDIs and Blutecs that do uses the winter version of the Power Service diesel additive in cold winter regions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts