Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Any idea on what to check for a windshield washer that doesn't spray? I was looking for the pump first, but it seems like it's in the fender? any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
335 Posts
WOW. When you turn it on do you hear the pump at all? I think it is in the fender cus not much of the resovoir is visible any way.
Are the nozzles clogged?

·
Registered
5,368 Posts
The pump is near the bottom of the reservoir and is behind the fender lining at the front of the driver's side front wheel. Just remove that panel (a couple of screws and push pin fasteners) and you'll see it. You may have to turn the wheel all the way to the right to get better access or jack up the front. If you car is blessed with factory xenon lights, there will be 2 pumps, one for the windshield washer, another for the headligh washer.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wblynch said:
got fluid in there?
KISS = Keep It Simple, Stupid.

First thing I checked man.

Buellwinkle said:
The pump is near the bottom of the reservoir and is behind the fender lining at the front of the driver's side front wheel. Just remove that panel (a couple of screws and push pin fasteners) and you'll see it. You may have to turn the wheel all the way to the right to get better access or jack up the front. If you car is blessed with factory xenon lights, there will be 2 pumps, one for the windshield washer, another for the headligh washer.
Thanks. The car doesn't have Xenons, so I should brutally simple to figure out which one it is. If it is indeed the pump, can you or anyone else recommend a good place besides the dealer to pick one up? I know there's got to be quite a few places on the net that sells parts.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hey guys. Any idea on what to check for a windshield washer that doesn't spray? I was looking for the pump first, but it seems like it's in the fender? any help is appreciated.
You should consider updating your profile. I do not know where you live, but if it is north enough, maybe the washer fluid is frozen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts