Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
05 C230k ss benzo
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys I bought my car in january and It is about to have 3k on it. I have noticed two things even after the 1k break in period. The car seems to have more pic up from the line than it did in the beginning. I feel it seems to be breathing betteras the exhaust sounds alot more now than it did after brand new or after 1k. Maybe it's all in my mind, but it seems as if the car has settled down into its own and really broken in. Anybody else experience this. It's not by much because the acceleration from 80 to 100 is still a bit lagging and that is the way it has been since the beginning. However, off the line I do notice a bit more punch when I step on it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
As stated, everything is now "broken in", fully lubed, and loosened. Enjoy.

·
Registered
05 C230k ss benzo
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so I know about every chip and every pulley kit and pretty much every mod out there for this engine currently, so don't tell me about those things....... However, I had a chip on my 99 w202 and it was amazing. Do you guys think it's worth it on this w203 know that it is broken in. Most people seem to fell that without a pulley the chip on this car would not do much because the 1.8 engine is already almost maxed out as far as potential. By the way the chip I got was from a company called upsolute for about $400 installed. I would not go any higher regardless of the brand or the claims because i don't think it is worth 1k just for a renntech, kleeman, or other companies

·
Registered
37 Posts
One logical reason to consider regarding faster after couple thousand miles... is that the logic of this vehicle supposed to adapt to your driving habits? I mean that, logically having a new car you tend to drive a bit more tenderly and later you may drive more aggressively... But I read somewhere that the car is supposed to adapt to the driver...or am I thinnking of another car perhaps?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts