Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving on my way home from work and my Navigation and Radio screen just shot off by itself and never came back on. I hit eject button even though there was no power on the display and the it came down after about 3 minutes and then went up again after a few minutes. Still the power won't come on after stopping the engine and reinserting key and starting the engine again. The display near the odometer is saying please wait under Nav, Radio, and Tele. So I turned off the car and again and tried but still nothing just the same Nav, Radio, and Tele with dashes --- underneath. I am taking it into the dealer on Monday to get looked at but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if it is just something stupid like a fuse loose. I want to know because I not sure what is covered under warranty. The service guy said I still have to sign something stating that I will pay for labor if this is not under warranty. Something tricky as always so I need some heads up on this. Please any feedback.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cdeluca,

I can't imagine what the dealership is talking about that you might have to pay for labor. It's an '05 and is covered under warranty no matter what. The exception would be if it was delibertly broken, which I'm sure you didn't do.

On a side note, do you have the Harmon Kardon stereo as well? We're going to pull the trigger on a C230 soon and want to get the NAv and are debating about getting the upgraded radio or not.

Thanks and good luck with the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steevr,

Thanks for the info. I do not believe I have the Harmon Kardon system as I checked the sticker from the car. Although I do remember the MB rep saying that the radio is better than the one on a standard 05' C230 due to the navigation but then again he could have just said that to sell me the car. I believe the system sounds good but could sound a bit better. If I were you and you have the extra money definetely go for the upgrade.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Cdeluca,

Thank you for the info. Oh, one more question. Someone told me that the Nav has voice recognition. Besides that, when you input destinations, etc. do you still have to do it with a nob or did M/B finally make their Nav screens touch screens like Acura and Lexus?

Let me know what the dealer finds out about your Radio/Nav.

Thanks again.

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Steve,

I do not believe that the Nav has voice recognition nor do I remember reading it in the Nav manual. Maybe it does if you have the telephone kit installed in order do to voice dial or something like that but for it if you are thinking on saying where to go on the Nav I do not believe so.

Christian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts