Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I am performing a full brake job (new rotors/pads) on my 2005 C230 Kompressor sedan with the sports package. I have purchased a full set of EBC Redstuff brake pads but I have found that the front set that I ordered does not fit. The company I ordered through sent me:

Part number: DP31365C

It looks as though these pads fit the w203 models w/o the sports package (the single piston calipers). I have contacted the company but they claim that they cannot get a set of front pads for my vehicle.

Does anyone know what the EBC Redstuff part number is? If they do not manufactor them, does anyone have recommendation for a set of pads that are comparable to the EBC Redstuff pads (low dust, decreased stopping distance, etc)?

My front calipers are a double piston (not single or quad) with 'MERCEDES BENZ' stamped in silver on the exterior...

Thanks for any information!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Had a horrible experience with EBC, and redstuff isn't a street use pad to let you know. You're going to have decreased braking performance as they never heat to the required temperature. On my old c230 ended up getting insane vibration after 2k miles on redstuff pads and some of their drilled/slotted rotors. Company would take no responsibility. Everything professionally installed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the insight - I looked into the pads because my daily driving route involves heavy stopping/quick pickup. I don't think I'll have an issue with the brakes not getting hot enough. I'm not interested in replacing with Mercedes pads because they made to much noise and put out to much dust. What are you using now?

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Previously had Duralast Gold semi-metallic going front and rear. A lot less dust than OEM, and good stopping power. You can get at Autozone. I just recently did front rotors and pads. Went with R1Concepts on ebay. Ceramic pads/drilled rotors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts