Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'05 C230K
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 05 C230 is making a chirping sound at cold start up. It slowly diminishes over the course of a few minutes as the car idles. I suspect it's one of the pullys the accesory belt runs on. Anybody have any experience with this?

·
Registered
'05 C230K
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. It does seem similar to some of the thread responses. I'll start with some belt dressing and go from there. Will update if it works out.

·
Registered
2002 Red C230K SportCoupe
44 Posts
That was the sign I should have listened to on my wife's 02 C230K SC. It turned out to be the accessory belt smooth pulley. It was wobbling a bit and touching some nearby part of the engine (found the track marks). Needless to say I found out the hard way when my belt shredded and the engine shutdown. If you've noticed any intermittent electrical quirks it might be related as this pulley is on the loop with the alternator and ac compressor.
Got the part (about $25) and replaced it myself, but should have caught it earlier. Now I have low whining sound on acceleration that I'm hoping has nothing to do with the alternator or ac compressor.
There may be more than one of these pulleys in your car though. In any event, heed previous advice. Get it checked.

Just my thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts