Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
'97 C-class, '05 C-class kompressor (scrapped)
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused:Patience....I am trying to find out how to remove the air filter box on my '05 kompressor so I can replace the MAF and save $4-500 bucks on a visit to the shop....One even wanted to charge $750. Maybe I am missing something, but can't find any info in the forums....even with a search of "air filter box removal" and looking into the "replace MAF" articles. Thx for the help!!
Ulmapache

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes, got that far, however, can't figure out how to remove the MAF. Have removed the 2 screws holding it to the filter box, but no joy. Do I have to disassemble all the accessories on and around the box including supercharger, throttle body and CPU??? BTW, it's an '05 C-230 4 door kompressor, so no one will get me confused w/an SLK.
Photo of where I am at...

Attachments

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sedan; 1975 Triumph TR6
81 Posts
:confused:Patience....I am trying to find out how to remove the air filter box on my '05 kompressor so I can replace the MAF and save $4-500 bucks on a visit to the shop....One even wanted to charge $750. Maybe I am missing something, but can't find any info in the forums....even with a search of "air filter box removal" and looking into the "replace MAF" articles. Thx for the help!!
Ulmapache
DIY: M271 MAF replacement - MBWorld.org Forums

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thx for the link....checked it out, things are a bit clearer. Wish me luck as I am an old school points, plugs and condenser man. Drum brakes, generators, voltage regulators, and carbs are my area of expertise....but I do have a pretty good computer on my shoulders, plus some accurate sensors called eyes, ears, nose, etc that I usually use to work on cars....

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi, i would like to remove the air filter box to get access to the fuel injector. i can't figure out how to remove the air filter box. if anyone can give more detailed instructions, it would be greatly appreciated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.