Exterior Color

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'06 H2 - SL55 ('05/06??)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
So far this website has been almost unanimously silver while mbworld black:( . Therefore they are equal?:dunno: I guess it won't truly matter which color I buy as I'm impartial to both and it seems the public is as well.

Any clear benefits from either color guys? Anything to add to my short list?

Silver: easier to maintain
can go with any rims
hides minor blemishes
more clearly defines the curves of the car
Looks amazing in the night

Black: It's black
Less common

·
Registered
2005 silver/black SL 65 AMG
171 Posts
Agree..........Black is harder to keep clean, shows more swirl marks/blemishes, etc.....

·
Registered
2003 SL500, 2005 ML500SE, 2005 CLK500 Cabriolet Avantgarde
249 Posts
Agree..........Black is harder to keep clean, shows more swirl marks/blemishes, etc.....
Yep. What the man said.

Also, I prefer silver because I have the panoramic roof and the black roof color stands out very clearly from the silver.

·
Registered
Sold my 2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
579 Posts
Silver is sooooo much easier to maintain. I have a friend with a Black SL550. She just goes insane trying to keep the thing clean. The silver is way more forgiving. But when its perfect and polished. The black is very nice indeed.

·
Registered
'06 H2 - SL55 ('05/06??)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
silver 55amg red leather pano roof dont get any better
Keith, I hate you. I passed on a 2005 SL55 32k miles Silver exterior berry red interior for $36k last month at the auction because at the time I had no idea what I wanted and thought black was better/red was ugly. Now I HATE myself!!! Thanks for reminding me:mad:

·
Registered
2003 SL500, 2005 ML500SE, 2005 CLK500 Cabriolet Avantgarde
249 Posts
Keith, I hate you. I passed on a 2005 SL55 32k miles Silver exterior berry red interior for $36k last month at the auction because at the time I had no idea what I wanted and thought black was better/red was ugly. Now I HATE myself!!! Thanks for reminding me:mad:
I know :D!

I never liked the red interior 'cos I thought it was too loud. But it has grown on me. Now each time I see one, I practically tear my hair and kick myself in the butt for not considering it initially. Simply seductive. I wonder if it is still an available option in the newer models.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a black, pano roof, red berry interior 06 SL500 with the SL65 rear deck spoiler and AMG body optiion. The roof is invisable, gives a very clean look ... and this model just needs to be black. Also have a CLK55 in silver with black interior and yes, it's easier to keep clean but the favorite of the two is the SL, clean or not ... although the cleaning journey is part of the fun. Sick, eh?

·
Registered
'06 H2 - SL55 ('05/06??)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
although the cleaning journey is part of the fun. Sick, eh?
Definitely true. The best always comes with its own downsides, eh? Just wondering since the only black car I've owned is my H2 which looks just as good dirty as clean; how often do you clean your car/how much times does it take?

·
Registered
'06 H2 - SL55 ('05/06??)
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still waiting for my AMG to turn up in the auction.... already passed on a 2005 silver/red (stupid me) and 2007 black/red (waste of money for a student)...
:surrender:?:crybaby2:

·
Registered
1979 Mercedes 450SL, 2007 ML350, and 2006 Mercedes SL500
90 Posts
Just replaced my 2001 CLK with a 2006 SL500 Silver with the berry interior. That color combo is what caught my eye and the next thing I know it's mine. I really like the combo. Also I'm a silver person when it comes to Mercs. I also have a 79 450SL with a blue interior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts