Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 E320 4Matic Wagon
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

For years I have folded the rear seats down with no issues - this weekend I folded the seats and felt some resistance, and as I pushed harder I heard a cracking sound. Turns out the little spring that is supposed to allow the belt latch to fold out of the way did not do its job and the latch with orange button got crushed - the plastic cover fell off and the belt end no longer clicks into the latch how it is supposed to. I have googled and searched parts sites online - i can not find this replacement part. Has anyone found or seen replacements for this item? I found this problem on another MB forum - maybe this link will show the pic that was posted...

W211 estate - rear seatbelt fastener knackered! - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

I have the same issue but with the single driver's side latch. It looks like it is riveted in place... I can not see a place to unbolt it, but have not dug very deep.

THANKS

·
Banned
148 Posts
Hello

For years I have folded the rear seats down with no issues - this weekend I folded the seats and felt some resistance, and as I pushed harder I heard a cracking sound. Turns out the little spring that is supposed to allow the belt latch to fold out of the way did not do its job and the latch with orange button got crushed - the plastic cover fell off and the belt end no longer clicks into the latch how it is supposed to. I have googled and searched parts sites online - i can not find this replacement part. Has anyone found or seen replacements for this item? I found this problem on another MB forum - maybe this link will show the pic that was posted...

W211 estate - rear seatbelt fastener knackered! - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

I have the same issue but with the single driver's side latch. It looks like it is riveted in place... I can not see a place to unbolt it, but have not dug very deep.

THANKS
You must immediately park the car in a locked garage and place conspicuous red warning labels on the car that state that the vehicle is inoperable due to missing safety features. Maybe remove all sparkplugs too too, just to be on the safe side.

Thought I'd let you know that unless you take these precautions there are several safety prigs on this board who will lose sleep at night until you get this critical issue addressed.

Seriously though, do what Konigstiger said. :)

·
Registered
Only MB
18 Posts
Amazing!

I just did this last night too!

It made no sense what so ever. I have a 05 sedan with fold down seats, same design as the wagon, same part number. $52 from MB delivered.

·
Purple Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
21,756 Posts
I had one replaced already also. I also saw one where the owner tore the leather from
forcing the seat down. That got pricey so he had a interior trim shop fix the tear for
about $70 instead the hundreds for new leather.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts