Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My air conditioning is turning off and on by its own...maybe gremlins in there. Here's the situation, driving on the freeway with the AC on and the fan turned on and then the AC goes off. I crank the fan switch all the way max, nothing. I turn the temp down max, nothing. I cycle the AC on off button, nothing. I hit the auto on off button...nothing. Then after a several minutes the AC will come back on again...magically. Any idea why this happens? No matter what button I switch or combination I set on the controls, the AC wouldn't come on? It'll turn off mysteriously and then back on. This has happened several times and I don't know why. Thanks in advance for any feedback!

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
this is very common on all models. you have a defective blower regulator. there are DTB's out on this. the e class now has a DTB that has you replace the blower motor and regulator. there will be a fault code in your AAC for blower regulator.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, don't follow some of the verbage. What is a DTB? Where do I find DTB? What is my AAC and where do I find it? Thanks!

·
Registered
05' C230 sold Sept, 09 05' Ford F-150 XLT
271 Posts
I had the same problem on a 05 c230. The dealer first replaced the regulator which did not fix it. The blower motor was then changed and this fixed the problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does the MB repair DVD show how to test the $100 regulator or the $? blower motor? What is the AAC and where do I find it? I will not get the DVD for another week! Thanks.

-old reader; new poster
mb c230 coupe orion blue 1:1 scale
maisto c230 coupe orion blue 1:18 scale

·
Registered
2002 C230 Coupe (Me) 2003 SLK 320 (Wife) 1993 Toyota (Commuter)
103 Posts
Just had a similar problem on an SLK and it was the control panel for the AC. They replaced it and it has been doing fine. Just a thought.

·
Registered
2002 honda civic (sold), 2009 Mercedes ML350
1,344 Posts
its either the regulator or blower. they have dtb;s now for the 211 that have you replace both the blower and regulator. i never do any testing as you always get the same fault codes. if the fault codes says blower regulator (erase if no customer complaints) i replace the regulator and if the code says straight blower regulator, i replace both regulator and motor. but as far as testing its usually check for power to the motor.

·
Registered
05' C230 sold Sept, 09 05' Ford F-150 XLT
271 Posts
Yes, it does. My was covered by warranty. If they just change the regulator you will probably end up having to go back to get the blower motor changed later anyways. Simply changing the regulator did not fix it for me. So if you can see if they will replace the regulator and blower motor at the same time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts