Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as typical on older benz my fuel sending unit is no where near accurate. also suspecting the pump in general is dying. so i ordered a new assembly and was curious if the filter is built in or is it seperate?

·
Premium Member
2000 ML55 sold? 2013 ML500,? 2017 C43 AMG,1929 Victory 6 roadster, 1927 Dodge 4 sedan, 1929 Dodge
5,042 Posts
as typical on older benz my fuel sending unit is no where near accurate. also suspecting the pump in general is dying. so i ordered a new assembly and was curious if the filter is built in or is it seperate?
Filter is a separate unit in between the body and chassis in the rear left hand wheel well. If your changing the pump it’s a great time to do it because you can get at it from both sides. You think callipers are a pain In the ass wait until you do your filter. Lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Filter is a separate unit in between the body and chassis in the rear left hand wheel well. If your changing the pump it’s a great time to do it because you can get at it from both sides. You think callipers are a pain In the ass wait until you do your filter. Lol.
thanks for the info. i run my own mechanic shop, cant be any worse than half the other crap i work on every day lol

·
Registered
2003 ml500, 2004 ml350
1,830 Posts
thanks for the info. i run my own mechanic shop, cant be any worse than half the other crap i work on every day lol
You probably have them if not you will need the line pliers. Also on later mls you have to remove both rear seats there is a tab on the 1/3 seat that over laps the 2/3 seat. Something like 14 fasteners holding them down.

And I agree with Matt easier to remove pump then remove the filter. Keeping the two pump lines still attached to the filter, install in reverse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts