Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently have purchased an o4 CLK 500 without the Navigation Unit. I was wondering what are some options I can purchase to get nav in there? It does not have to be a MB product. I have a space between the Radio and the AC Unit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
USCRugbyNo1 - 3/17/2005 2:21 AM

I recently have purchased an o4 CLK 500 without the Navigation Unit. I was wondering what are some options I can purchase to get nav in there? It does not have to be a MB product. I have a space between the Radio and the AC Unit.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in Advance!
The 2005 NAV is beautiful. Steve from www.mbenznl.com has USA versions for sale.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But, will it fit in an 04 CLK 500? Also, do they sell DVD/TV command units for the CLK 500? Sorry for all of the questions. I couldn't find any good information on the web. =[

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
USCRugbyNo1 - 3/17/2005 11:44 AM

But, will it fit in an 04 CLK 500? Also, do they sell DVD/TV command units for the CLK 500? Sorry for all of the questions. I couldn't find any good information on the web. =[
I read 04 and 500 and thought 05 ..... no you need a 2001-2004 NAV.

www.mbenznl.com <--- the place most people shop.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey guys,

I e mailed my dealer and his reply was this.

"I can't think of anything other than the Freeman's, BestBuy, Circuit City route. Navi isn't upgradeable by Benz on the 04 model with the tape/cd changer combo."

Are you guys sure that the 04 NAV is upgradeable?

·
Registered
41 Posts
USCRugbyNo1 - 3/18/2005 8:44 AM

Hey guys,

I e mailed my dealer and his reply was this.

"I can't think of anything other than the Freeman's, BestBuy, Circuit City route. Navi isn't upgradeable by Benz on the 04 model with the tape/cd changer combo."

Are you guys sure that the 04 NAV is upgradeable?
The dealership doesn't know anything. That's what they told me to, that the Nav isn't upgradeable but I got it done and it works fine. You should talk to Steve (MbenzNL) about this. He is an expert in this area. Email him. He often comes to US to do installs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How does the MB Nav compare to other NAVs on the market? I've been reading and some ppl say the MB Nav is a few years behind.

Your Thoughts?

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
USCRugbyNo1 - 3/19/2005 1:04 AM

How does the MB Nav compare to other NAVs on the market? I've been reading and some ppl say the MB Nav is a few years behind.

Your Thoughts?
A few years behind ? You mean it will only take you to buildings that existed in 2003 and ignore new structures ?

Goodness ..... why dont you get the NAV and just enjoy it. Behind - in front - sideways. Its the one for your car.

Plus it makes your phone, bose and stacker work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
miroj - 3/19/2005 3:04 AM

USCRugbyNo1 - 3/19/2005 1:04 AM

Your Thoughts?
A few years behind ? You mean it will only take you to buildings that existed in 2003 and ignore new structures ?

Goodness ..... why dont you get the NAV and just enjoy it. Behind - in front - sideways. Its the one for your car.

Plus it makes your phone, bose and stacker work.
Sorry if I have 100 questions before I spend 1500 + on a product. This is a discussion form, sorry for asking questions.

The dealer I spoke too told me the Benz NAV was behind in features and he had many clients have the benz nav taken out of their cars and replaced with kenwoods or some other major brand.

·
Registered
W203 modified
2,032 Posts
USCRugbyNo1 - 3/22/2005 1:46 AM

Sorry if I have 100 questions before I spend 1500 + on a product. This is a discussion form, sorry for asking questions.

The dealer I spoke too told me the Benz NAV was behind in features and he had many clients have the benz nav taken out of their cars and replaced with kenwoods or some other major brand.
Clearly those people are morons who think that a DVD movie is more important than factory integration.

Give most people half a chance and they will think they can do better than Benz. In reality the dealer removes that junk when the car is traded and puts back all the hardware that was removed so that the car can be resold.

At least a NAV looks like it belongs there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The dealership said they would not touch the NAV unit for installataion but I found a store that would and they did it in 3 hours. I've been reading a lot and really like the NAV unit.

One thing I am having problems with is the Country selection and listening to AM Radio. I don't have a United States option nor am I able to pick up AM Radio.

Can someone help me with this?

Thanks in Advance [:)]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts