Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
CL500
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have this problem with my car where when im driving steady on 60-70kmh in a slow moving traffic and then try to speed up slowly to catch up with traffic flow my car starts to shake and if i dont press the pedal more or let go of it, it wont stop shaking. Did anyone else have this problem with their cars or know anything about this? Your comments are appreciated! Thank you.

PS: Any good sites to buy parts, i need to get some parts...thanks

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
Check your wheel balance especially the rears. Did you ever replace the engine mounts?

I buy lots of stuffs from parts.com but I don't think they would ship to Canada.

Where about in Ontario? I got some relatives there (Hamilton, North York, and Brampton)

·
Registered
CL500
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i did the balancing and aligment, new tires etc. i just put a few bucks but cant figure out what it is...no i havent replaced engine mounts.That might be and issue! Are your relatives mechanics...lol...im 20 mins away from those places

·
Registered
2006 CL600 2011 C300
125 Posts
Check the trans mount. I never had any shake when my engine mount broke.
Also check the rubber parts on the drive shaft. They might be bad as well.

·
Registered
SL500, CL55, E350, E320
3,205 Posts
BTW, it is highly recommended that engine and trans mounts to be replaced at the same time. If one is bad, replace the other as well.

Good luck and post back the result. It might help others ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts