Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somehow in the course of opening and closing the arm rest cover came off. (The top part of the compartment where the phone would connect) and I can't seem to figure out how to get it back on. Any ideas before I take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
There are no real tips or tricks I can share with you, it's just a PITA to put back in. I know I've spent hours playing with until it went back in and week later it came out again, but an SA did it in 2 miinutes for me so I would take it back but I really did learn my lesson with it, don't put anything in there and that's really worked well for me, no problems in 4 years.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got it...PITA is right!

Trying to get the pins in the cover into the hinge was very frustrating. Finally figured it out and I don't want to do it again. I think you're right...don't put anything in there! Thanks!

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
I put plenty of stuff in there, but don't ever force it closed. If something doesn't fit, don't mash down the cover to make it fit or you'll be in the same boat. It's a great spot for receipts, log book, stuff you need to get to frequently that is small.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts